~Ash's Letter to Serena~

This particular letter was requested by amourfangirl1 , I didn't think anyone was actually reading these... but I guess so! So here you go... Enjoy! (⌒▽⌒)

Dear Serena,

Hey... how've you been? I've been fine I guess you can say. I'm in Alola and it's been a blast, I'm enrolled in the Pokémon Academy so there isn't any real traveling happening. I've made a lot of friends so far, they're all SUPER friendly and nice but they aren't the same as you guys.

One thing I miss about Kalos all the adventures you, me, Clemont, and Bonnie had. Like that one time you helped me train for the Ryhorn race, or how Clemont was kicked out of Prism Tower so we had to get it back by battling Clembot, or when we joined Diantha, Steven Stone and the gym leaders of Kalos to help save the ENTIRE world from team flare! That was SUPER exciting, but nerve racking because if you made a mistake or got caught it would've been over.

How have your showcases been? I hope Braixen, Pancham, and Sylveon are doing well. Don't worry though, I'm watching you guys perform from this small house here in Alola. My mom seems to enjoy seeing you so happy with your pokémon while dancing. She's a big fan! Once I told her I knew you, she went all crazy and asked me a lot of questions (When I say A LOT I mean A LOT).

There has been something on my mind lately about after we left Kalos...

I hoped...

I wanted...

I wished...

I WISH YOU HADN'T KISSED ME!!!!

And before you throw this letter away, I wanted to explain the capital letters and all the exclamation marks I wrote. It's not you, Serena, it isn't your fault.

The kiss felt like, ummm, like, I wish I could describe the feeling, I just can't but I'll try...

It felt like everything was in slow motion as you ran up the escalator. I honestly didn't know what was happening because, well, nothing like that has ever happened to me before.

Of course it's not your fault, you haven't  done anything wrong or hurt me in anyway, you have been nothing but a kind, encouraging and probably one of my bestest friend out of all the people I've traveled with. Don't get me wrong I like everyone I meet, but Clemont, Bonnie and especially you Serena have been just like my family. When I was scared or worried, you guys would be there to encourage me during the hardest times or just when I needed a little help up before walking again, like when we met for the first time when we were little.

Ok anyway, I didn't want you to kiss me because I wanted to stand up and do it myself...

I wanted it to have the courage to do because...

I like you too, not just like a friend or best friend type thing, but more than that I guess you could say. I really wished I could've said it in person but I just didn't have to guts to do it. I haven't done anything to deserve what you do for me, like make desserts every time I ask, you help make (most of it) dinner for everyone even if they are people or pokémon we haven't met before. I know that it's kinda weird that I could make to the finals in the Kalos league, but not ask a girl out on a date. I just get these little butterfrees in my stomach you could say every time you walk in the room, like when you wore the Fennekin outfit. I'm still very embarrassed for starting like that. Or maybe when you cut your hair and changed your outfit...

I just wish you here, in Kanto, with me. I know you have to practice for your showcases, but who knows, you may see a familiar face in your one of your audiences screaming out your name and possibly embarrassing you, don't be surprised if that happens :)

I've been learning something that my classmates and even my closest friends (I don't even know if my mom knows) here in Alola would make fun of me if I told them. So, I have a personal tutor that comes right after school to my house and teaches me on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday before my mom and Mr. Mime comes home from work, shopping, or whatever she and Mr. Mime doing on that particular day... I'll try my best with no help at all...

J'espère vraiment que vous êtes heureux partout où vous êtes dans le monde. Je sais que vous faites sourire les gens. Serena ... Je t'aime et toujours, mais j'étais toujours trop nerveux pour te dire.

I've heard you before speak French to a lot of different people. One night when our whole group was camping, I couldn't sleep so I sat on a log not too far away from the tents just looking at the starts and all of a sudden, I heard you singing:

Brille, brille, petite étoile,
Je me demande vraiment ce que tu es!   
Au-dessus du monde si haut,
Comme un diamant dans le ciel.
Brille, brille, petite étoile,
Je me demande vraiment ce que tu es!   

In your tent to Bonnie. You sound beautiful. Oh yeah, and thanks for helping me fall asleep with the help your beautiful voice.

You are REALLY amazing at speaking this amazing language. I've been getting tutored ever since I arrived in Alola. I'm somewhat new to this so please don't get on to me about my French. The main reason I started to learn French was because of you. I wanted to step up and tell you how I felt but in a way that was more meaningful and different than others.

I hope you are having the time of your life meeting new people and even seeing old friends. I hope Palermo is training you well.

I want you to be happy wherever you are, I really do. I want you to be successful in all of your performances.

I wish I was there, by your side, cheering you on in person and not in this tiny house in Alola. I wish I was the one that kissed you...

Whether you're halfway across the world or flying somewhere new I don't know, I wish you the best of luck in any situation.

Love,
Ash <3