Chapter 15: Enjoying

___________________

“Have a um… safe trip.”

Calum pouted. “I’m going away for two and half months, are you really just going to say ‘have a safe trip’ to me?”

“What else do you want me to say? I’ve never needed to say goodbye to a boyfriend before,” I said, blushing.

I was also quite aware that Calum’s parents and sister were less than three meters away. However, they seemed to sense our uncomfortableness because they pushed us to the line to check in. The line was quite short considering we arrived here reallly early.

Calum grasped my hands, keeping things subtle.

“I’ll be back before you know it, and then we can you know… continue with the relationship. And I'll text you a lot and FaceTime you. ”

I smiled before leaning up and kissing him on the cheek and hugging him.

"Ew don't do that in front of me... ever," Michael complained.

“Geez, get a room you two,” a new voice said.

I broke away and uncomfortably shifted to face Ashton and his family (actually, I turned to him but kept my eyes glued on the ground).

“Hey. Now that you’re here, we just need to wait for Luke.”

“He’s already over there,” Ashton nodded in the other direction.

Luke came into view with his mum and dad and he was a pushing his luggage trolley towards us. Once everyone had arrived, the goodbyes were quick and before I knew it, the four of them were probably sitting on the plane, ready to fly to London while I was still stuck in Sydney all alone.

~*~

"Hey loser if you're not having a party for your birthday then let's go somewhere, it's boring just sitting here."

The one reason I’d decided to give up my birthday party was because there was too many people who I’d wanted to be there was not even in Sydney at the moment. Most people were on holidays and even Jen was given a surprise holiday around Europe for six weeks, and Calum and co were still in London. Instead I decided to just spend the day with Derek, my best friend since childhood and whom I'd spent every single birthday with (since we met).

"Might as well, I'm fucking bored anyway. Where are we going?"

"How about a little holiday?"

"A what?"

"I'm thinking a little holiday for the two of us, and I think you'll like it." He had a sly grin plastered on his face. I huffed as he dragged me to my room and got out a suitcase. I started to get some clothes from my wardrobe and drawer and carefully putting them into the suitcase. Derek tutted and threw all of my shorts and tank tops out. "I would pack winter clothing if I were you."

"You don't need to throw them on the ground!" I yelled, picking them up from the floor and putting them back in my drawer. "Where exactly are we going? Do you plan on telling me or do we have to get there for me to find out."

"I would like the latter but you're going to find out when we get to the airport anyway. So hurry up coz my dad's outside waiting to drop us off."

It was only when we arrived at the airprot did it finally dawn on me where we were going.

"London? You could fucking afford two plane tickets to London?"

"I couldn't, my parents could though. And they were perfectly happy to pay for your ticket too because they say that you're 'like the daughter they never had' -" Derek rolled his eyes "-and we've known each other for years so there isn't any unfamiliarness."