Chapter 4: A new friend

I heard my dad's car start so I dove into a bush and waited for him to pass. After seeing his black SUV pass by, I jumped out and went the opposite way, towards the old city.

I had never really wandered here, well, not any farther than my school. After that, the road gets cracked and dusty. A little down the road, I met an orphan named Samuel, who encouraged me and gave me a tutti frutti lollipop. (A/N Oops. sneak peek for Sequel to Orphan! :O)

I was scared because I had never ventured here, for fear of the rumored burglars and bandits. I turned back to go home, anywhere else than this thick, foggy place. I felt a tear make a clear path through my dirt-covered face.

Why? What did I ever do? Anything that would cause my father to abuse me and my mom to go alcoholic? No. I had always been a straight A student, never gotten in any trouble.. except... I shudder. No.

I will NEVER bring that back in my mind. NEVER. Wait. Maybe...I...could...trust...you not to.....tell anyone? I hope...

When I was six, my dad brought in some of his drunk buddies to..do..business, with my mom, which freaked me out, so I called the police.

My mom considered me a hero, until she discovered Tequila and Vodka. They made her forget how much I was worth to her. I like to call her a bottle 'o' beer, only when my dad isn't around though.

I realized I had subconsciously walked to Quilque Street, where I live. Just as I hear.. my dad's car pull up. I whimper in fear. He walks towards my hiding place, and lifts me up by my hair.

I scream in pain, just as a shadowy figure jumps in and tackles my father. I jump back fearfully and hope the attacker doesn't want ME.

He turns towards me and asks in a soft voice: "Are you ok, girl?" I nod, not caring if he saw it or not. "Would you like some hot chocolate, on a cold night like this?" He nicely asked, holding up a ten dollar bill.

I gratefully agree and he motions for me to follow him. I saw who it was when we were in the light of the café. Cole, A.K.A Furr_Bawl. (No, Cole isn't my real name, but I feel weird putting my real name in here.)

I suppress a nervous laugh, and walk in the building. A few minutes later, I was sitting at a table, drinking hot chocolate.

I looked towards the colossal windows to get an idea of the time, but instead I see..I feel a tear fall down my cheek. Dad. He angrily pushes the door open and walks towards me.

Before he can grab my arm, Cole comes in and punches my father in the jaw, and I hear a tooth hit the ground, accompanied by lots of blood. Witnesses start running out of the building for fear of being involved.

Cole punches David, my dad, again in the same place. More blood litters the white tile flooring. David gets his bearings and kicks Cole in the stomach. I turn away in fear and disgust, and search for a place to hide.

I make a fort out of some chairs, just as I am hit by a rain of blood. I look to the battle and see David kicking Cole over and over again, chuckling as Cole suffered in his own blood.

I almost scream, but the fear quickly turns into anger and in two seconds I'm lunging at David, tackling him and listening to the sound of his head hitting the tiles. I feel dizzy, but ignore it and help Cole up.

He leans on me as I lead him outside. The cashier stops me, his face still creeped by the incident, and hand me bandages and a bottle of water. I thank him and walk out.

A/N Never expected the girl to save time boy eh? well, that just gives you an idea of who I am. Hope this chapter was worthwhile!

Great wishes,

Furr_Bawl and Snowbawl