13 / first date

Saturday was the perfect day to catch up, Bree had decided long ago, and especially this Saturday. During the week, there had been so many distractions that had pulled her in every direction, and it had been over a week since she had last posted on her blog. A lot had happened since then, and ever since a few days ago, her notifications had been piling up as some of her most dedicated readers began to beg her to share her latest adventures. They seemed to know her well: they had no doubt that she had been up to something.

It was only eleven o'clock, but Bree had already been up for an three hours. Evan had left at quarter past eight to get back to Zara, and since then Bree had been wide awake. She hadn't slept much that night, though: she had struggled to put her brain to rest and she had a feeling she knew why that was. The message from Kit had weighed heavily on her mind, and the prospect of having a drink with him filled her equally with glee and dread. It was one thing to tease each other through the window, but something else entirely to sit across a table from each other and hold a conversation when Bree only spoke the language of sex.

Recalling the night they had spent together, when he had made her body sing until she had almost passed out, she typed up every detail that she could remember. Though her posts were anonymous, and she never shared a single true name - or often, any name at all - she didn't scrimp on the juicy details, and she had trained the language she used for the biggest impact. Never a post went by that she didn't receive a few grateful comments, users telling her that reading what she had done had pushed them over the edge, and Bree loved that feeling of pleasing someone from afar.

There was a lot to write for that night alone. Her fingers scurried over the keyboard as her mind flicked back to those sensations she had craved: to be stroked and kissed and filled, and her pulse raced as shivers crawled over her skin at the memories. That would give her readers something to chew on for a while: she certainly couldn't get it off her mind. With a giddy smile on her lips, she pressed post and the three thousand word snapshot of her life whisked off into cyberspace.

She needed coffee. That was a no brainer, and she uncurled herself from the sofa to flick on the kettle with a gigantic yawn. Though she didn't feel tired, her body protested with an ache and begged her to drain another mug. After sharing a slice of time with Evan so long ago, when they had sat in peace and sipped their drinks, she had put away another coffee and this was due to be her third of the day, before it was even halfway done. If she was going to go on a date with Kit - if that was even what he was proposing; she wasn't sure - then she would need the energy from the caffeine, and probably the courage of a couple of shots before they headed out.

Evan had left her with a hug that had lasted a few seconds longer than normal, and he had held her gaze as he had told her that he was there for her. He had promised that everything stayed between them, and Bree's heart had soared to hear the sincerity and love in his voice. He was still her big brother, the one who would protect her with such fierce love that for just a moment, she felt invincible. During that moment, she had pondered telling her parents what she had told him, but that would take a lot more preparation - and a few drinks. Until then, it could rest at the back of her mind in a box she didn't need to open yet.

Her phone let out an arrogant chirp on the table, the noise so unexpected that she jumped, and silenced it before it could make another sound. A new text had landed in her inbox and she didn't need to look to know whose name she would see when she swiped the screen.

Kit: so, about that drink. I'll be at murphy's @ 8. If you're not regretting saying yes, it'd be great to see you there :)

Bree read it through a few times before the words sunk in and she realised he would know she had read it if he checked. There was no reason to hesitate when she knew she would be there, as much as the idea of a proper date thrust a stake of fear through her heart, and she replied before she could freak herself out.