Chapter 3

This whole chapter and half of the next chapter will be a flashback so I hope that's okay. This flashback is very important so I highly recommend you read it.

"No matter what happens to me my beautiful butterfly , always remember Daddy loves you."
The man told his young daughter , rubbing the young girl's head gently stroking her long hair. He seemed scared , and frightened to the young girl , but her innocent mind payed no attention to her father's irregular behavior.
" And Mommy too." The young girl asked toying with the butterfly necklace on her neck. It was a gift her father had given her to remind her that she was his " little butterfly". Looking up at her mom , she frowned at the tears covering her face , and squinted her eyes in confusion, why was she crying?
" And mommy too." The man confirmed , smiling sadly at his baby girl, turning his head to kiss his wife's fingers.
" What's wrong mommy?" The girl asks , continuing to play with her beautiful necklace.
" Give mommy and daddy a hug." Her mom spoke , speaking over daughter , attempting to change the subject.
" what's wrong with mommy ?"
The girl repeated this time to her dad , ignoring her mom's previous statement. Had she done something wrong? Was she about to get a spanking , because she hated those.
" Just come give us a hug."
She practically begged her daughter, holding out her arms , waiting for her to embrace her, as her husband did the same.
" where are you going daddy?" The little girl questioned her dad , frowning up at him as if he had already left.
" Daddy and Mommy are going away for a while." The man answered rubbing the sweat off his forehead. He was nervous , they would be here soon.
" but you said we could play dollies before you went to work." She whined , realizing this was in fact around the time her Parents went to work.
" How about we play a different game ." He suggested leaning close to the little girl , as if he was telling a secret.
" What kind of game."
The girl answered curiously , rocking back and fourth on her heels.
He looked up at the clock for what seemed to be the hundredth time in the last hour , before answering.
" Hide and seek."
He decided, wiping he sweaty palms on his pants. He looked to his wife , worriedly, blinking his eyes to keep from crying.
" Do you know the rules for hide and seek."
The woman asks her daughter , pulling the young girl into her sitting her on her leg.
" Never come out in less you or Daddy find me."
The girl answered , of course she knew how to play the game , she had played millions of times , besides she knew exactly were to hide , a place they would never find her.
" Good job baby."
The woman praised her child, playing with her daughter's braids, twirling them around her fingers.
" mommy has a gift for you." She told her baby , watching the girl's face light up with excitement.
"What is it."
The girl asked , turning her head to the side again , something she did when she was curious.
"It's a necklace baby , one to go with the one from your Daddy."
The girls eyes widened in excitement again , taking the necklace from her mother eagerly , causing her mother it to snatch it back quickly.
" You have to be careful sweetheart." The mother scolded,
" It's a very special necklace."
She told her daughter softly , whispering as if someone could hear them.
" It's the key to all your dreams, darling." She finished watching her daughter eye the key necklace in amazement.
"Wow." The young girl whispered , putting the necklace all the way to her eyes , so she could see it better.
" let me put it on you baby ,
I want to see how pretty you look in it."
Her father takes the necklace from the girl's hands , putting it on her safely , as if it really were magical.
" Here sweetheart,"
Her Mommy started , touching the necklace with her hands.
" You have to hide it , so no one but you could ever have its power."
She tucks the necklace under her daughter's shirt, making sure it was unable to be seen from the outside.
" You have to keep it safe, okay?" Her father asks, looking up at the clock once more, it was 7:56, he knew they would be here at 8 on the dot.
" I will Daddy." The girl Promised repositioning the necklace to her right side , closer to her heart.
" Thank you Mommy." She breathed finally giving her parents the hug they had been longing for.
7:57
"Go hide baby , we'll start counting."
Her father suggested
" We'll count to 1 hundred."
Her mother added , smiling sadly at her daughter as her father was also.
1
2
3
4.....
She started as her baby ran up the stairs eagerly going straight to her hiding place.
5
6
7
8
9
The couple hugged each other , as they heard their daughter head down the hallway.
10
11
12
13
14
" God forgive us , forgive them," they pleaded , tears streaming down each of their faces.
15
16
17
18
19
20
30
40
50
60
7:59
The young girl breathed quietly as she sat in her hiding spot , she was going to win this game. She covered her Dollie's mouth too ,just in case.
10
20
30
40
A car door could be hard shutting from outside, they were here.
"It's time baby."the man smiled bitterly at his wife , kissing her lips once more.
"I know." She replied as they closed their eyes preparing themselves, clutching each other's hands tightly.
55
56
57
58
59
8:00
The door opened A heavy set man walking in first with a glock in his hand , many other men in mask entering after him.
" Where is she."
He asked the couple , laughing at their tears , as they continued to pray quietly to themselves.
" Where is she." He repeated , expecting some sort of a reply , but instead they said nothing , continuing their talk with God.
Ok." He laughed looking back his men as they laughed with him.
" So be it ."
He declared as he signaled his 30 something men to search the house.
He took a handkerchief  out of his pocket wiping his forehead with it ,
" Just remember,"
He spoke to the two.
"You did this to yourselves."
He replied bringing the gun first to the woman ,
But then changing his mind , pointing it at the men.
He pulled the trigger without any hesitation, and didn't even blink as his brains splattered everywhere.
" Now now Seleste , "
He cooed at the crying woman as she shook uncontrollably , eyeing her dead husbands body.
He was dead , he was really dead.
" You don't wanna end up like your husband here do you?"he questions , wiping his face of blood this time.
" where is she."
He asks again , hoping she would just tell him so he could get what he really came for.
" I know she has it , so where is she."
He yells , becoming angry , he had been looking for this certain thing for a decade and he was so close to having it, so close.
She doesn't answer , but continues crying, starting up another prayer as her eyes closed.
"Tsk tsk tsk." He clicked putting the gun to her head , pulling the trigger.
" Should've just told me were she was." He finishes walking up the stairs of the three story house, to start his search for the young girl.