1.

A/n; pls vote and comment on my new book thanks.

14 years.

I had been a prisoner for 14 long years for a crime I did not commit.

The most horrible crime. The death of my parents.

Now about the crime I did commit... I set 20 guards to fire, killing 19 of them... without even meaning to... at the age of seven.

Of course you can tell... we didn't give a crap how old a criminal was. I learnt that the day they brought me in. And then was reminded of that the day they brought in a 5 year old just last year and placed her in the cell across from mine.

Amoriel.

The only way she survived was by eating off from me and sometimes the girl beside me, Zin.

The imprisonment was much worse than death.

We had no trace of the outside light. Just the dimly lit lanterns down the hallway so the guards would be able to see our faces.

Worst part was there was no breaking out. No escaping.

They had put giant strongly built enchanted metal cuffs over our hands. That stopped us from being able to use our magic. It almost made it seem like we were powerless. But we weren't.

At least I wasn't. I felt it. My cuffs had began to rust the past month. It wasn't supposed to do that. Zin's wasn't doing that. Neither was Amoriel nor the guy that stayed by the other side of me.

Either way, I was getting sick. And fast. Containing my powers for so long, especially as it grew stronger day by day, month by month, year by year, it was killing me.

My body had heated up, my head ached. My chest felt frozen. My throat felt dry.

At this point, I was prepared for what was coming next. Death.

My one and only wish. It was finally being granted.

I was finally going to die.

So these days, my eyes were closed most of the time, because at any point, I would be off to go join my parents.

"Rae," Zin called out in a whisper.

I was too weak to even open my eyes, but after her persistence and the number of times she called my name, I even had to sit up.

It meant it was an emergency.

"They're letting us out," she smiled, jittery yet filled with so much excitement. "Word from the front. Pass it on."

I chuckled and shook my head. They weren't letting us out. Either people had already started hallucinating, or if they were actually letting us out, that meant they were finally going to kill us.

Either way, I turned to my right to pass on the message to my neighboring prisoner.

"Volt," I called him, my voice was almost not there. It almost came out as silence.

He didn't look at me, but I knew he could hear me since all he did, night and day, was scratch on the ugly concrete floor with any tiny pebble he found. He hardly slept.

Then again he was new. Just two months in. Give him time, he'd eventually get used to it.

"The guards are letting us out. Pass it on," I said to him and waited to see if he would. And of course he didn't. I expected him not to. All he did was scoff and shake his head.

"Volt, pass it-"

"Do you really believe that, princess?" He asked, still not lifting his head up to look at me.