Eight

{Sandra}

As soon as we got into Calum's car, my sobs became louder.

"Shhh, Sandra. S'okay. I'm here. You're okay," he says, trying to comfort me.

I bury my face into his chest and made a mess with his shirt. I was wearing light make-up and my eyeliner was smeared all over his white V-neck.

His phone rang, and I break the hug for him to answer it.

He declined it and muttered, "Fuck you."

"W-who was t-that?" I ask in between my sobs.

He looks at me cautiously. "You wouldn't want to know," and I cry louder than ever and cry on his chest once more because I know that it was Luke.

We stayed like that for a couple of minutes, and when I was tired enough to stop crying, I break the hug and rest my back on the shotgun seat.

"Are you pacified now?" He asks me slowly; as if afraid I might snap at him. But I would never do that to him.

I sigh, thankful that my eyes refused to water again. "Yeah. Thanks. I think I've had enough for today. Home, please?" I practically beg him.

"Home it is," he says, and intertwines his hand around mine.

I don't mind, even after the whole "kiss" incident last night. As I told before, Calum's the person I cannot get awkward with.

-------------------------------------------

"Sandra, we're home," Calum says softly.

I open my eyes slowly, afraid that I will once again see the painful sight of Luke with another girl. But when I open them, all I see is Calum. God, my eyes feel heavy.

I notice that our hands were still holding.

He notices me noticing this, and quickly explains, "You were asleep and I didn't want to wake you up or anything," he says. "And you looked comfortable with it," a smirk was playing on the edge of his lips.

I actually manage to smile at his cockiness. "Fuck you."

He chuckles. "I love you too," and then he kisses my cheek. "It's almost 10:30, you better go."

I turn around to open the car door, but my body was against it. Instead, my hands involuntarily laced themselves around Calum's neck and I hug him tightly than I ever did before. "Thanks. For everything," I say, my voice muffled because of the hug.

"You're always welcome. You know that. I love you."

"I love you more," I break the hug, kiss him quickly on the cheek, and got out of the car.

When I reached the door, I turned around to take one last look at Calum—well, his car anyway—and he honks in response.

I get inside the house, and the first thing that I see is the boy I conversed with on the driveway this morning, Justin.

"What's wrong? Why have you been crying?" He asks, worry evident in his tone but my subconscious says he's just nosy.

I can't believe my eyes betray me now of all times, and they start to flood again.

I was caught off guard by his next gesture.

He grabbed me by the waist and hugged me. Tightly.