Destined

They were dancing.

It was such a magnificent dance, where everyone was graceful, didn't have a care in the world, and no one cared if anyone was bad. For the first time ever, America wanted to act like a lady and join them.

At first this thought baffled her, because whenever England forced her to go to dances, she would curse her life. Of course, she was expected to dance with the women at royal balls, which she did because she didn't want to draw too much attention to herself, but once again she had to deal with King George and those of the English royal court.

The only English queen America ever liked was Elizabeth I.

Sure, Elizabeth was a very flawed woman, especially when she signed the death warrant of her cousin, Mary, Queen of Scots, America felt a connection to the woman that she nor Elizabeth ever mentioned to England.

Elizabeth, contrary to what many people thought, was actually disgusted with herself for allowing the English to colonize the New World, as America told her that she had lived a free and happy life with her mother and brothers before they came. Of course, America told her there was no changing the past now, and even Elizabeth knew that, but it was still impossible to not wish for that.

Either way, America and Elizabeth saw each other as sisters, with America often making flower bouquets for Elizabeth and helping her with stress when the court became stressful on a certain day, while Elizabeth kept America's true gender a secret and often allowed America to help her with the paperwork.

Of course, America never made decisions for a country, but she just gave Elizabeth suggestions.

Now, in the Moon Realm, America wished Elizabeth was here so she could see these beautiful sights. Here, it didn't matter what rank you were, for as long as you could dance here, nothing mattered but the fun and happiness.

Elizabeth would've loved this.

As for America, she was now dressed in a sparkling white dress that also hugged her figure, a long see-through cape was draped across her shoulders, her arms and legs were covered in diamond glitter that shimmered every time she moved, and her hair was curled a little, and unlike the dinner party days ago, she wore diamond beads that held up her hair in various beautiful places.

Now, unable to contain herself anymore, America hurried into the dancing groups of people, and started dancing to her heart's content. Once more, she danced the dance Kwanita taught her, and--unknown to her--soon enough the people around her watched her dance, transfixed.

While she danced, America felt the dress and cape wrap around her protectively and gracefully, like it was aware of her next move and moved along with her. The diamond glitter also left her arms and legs and began to swirl around her, clearly alive, and would return to their locations at any chance they got.

Eventually, America felt someone wrap their arm around her waist, and opened her eyes to see Iamar gently taking hold of her hand, quietly asking to dance with her. She smiled and nodded, allowing Iamar to guide her across the empty circle of people.

Surprisingly, the Spirit King was more than capable of keeping up with her moves, and matched them in every way. America watched him closely, finding herself marveling how his silver gray skin seemed to glow, how his armor-like attire hugged his muscular body, and how passionate his silver eyes were. She found that she could get lose in those eyes, and happily drown in them if she wished.

Wait, why was she thinking such things?

Eventually, America found herself in the arms of Cyrus, who also matched her in the dance. Now, she found herself surrounded by warmth, one that she wanted to stay encased in. Like Iamar, Cyrus' eyes burned with passion, his movements were graceful and powerful, and his form glowed with fire.

What was wrong with her though? Why was she thinking these thoughts about these two Spirit Kings?

America then realized that she was switching partners between Iamar and Cyrus, and each time she would be surrounded by different forms of power and light, all while the people watched.

So strange that she didn't feel self-conscious about this, like she would on Earth. Could it be because no one up here cared whether she was a bad dancer or did she not care what they thought?

~~~

Later, a maid was dressing America, apparently for bed. She spoke to the girl, "Was everything alright at the ball?"

The girl nodded in the mirror. "Yes Miss, though it was quite a surprise for the people to see our kings dancing with you."

"But why?"

"King Iamar and King Cyrus are very powerful men, more powerful than any of us combined," the girl explained. "In fact, only one woman before you was able to keep up with them, and that was Lady Kwanita."

"My mother?"

"Yes Miss. However, you must be destined for great things, having Lady Kwanita's powers."

America didn't think so, but she didn't comment on it as she felt a kick in her abdomen. She jerked.

"Miss?"

"I'm alright, my little one's just getting restless."

The girl's eyes widened, but then she nodded in understanding.