Back to the Basics

With my eyes still closed, I slammed my right hand down on the 'Snooze' button of my alarm clock.
I sighed loudly and lifted the blankets off of my body. I was definitely not in the mood to go to school. But the way my 4.0 gpa was looking; I had no other choice.

I got off of the bed and walked into my bathroom that was attached to my room. Lifting my PINK shirt up, I revealed my slightly plump belly. I was 20 weeks pregnant at this point and my mom still didn't even know. I mean, I wasn't showing that much. But if you were around me and talking to me everyday, you'd definitely notice. This just shows how uninvolved of a parent my mom is.

"We gonna be alright, my little bumble bee." I mumbled to myself and the fetus that lied inside of my womb.

I quickly grabbed my tooth brush and ran it under the faucet water before putting a glob of toothpaste on it. As I was brushing my teeth, I heard my phone start playing the ring tone that was set to Trey's contact.

I exited my bathroom and walked over to my bed, picking up the ringing Iphone.

"Hello?" I managed to say into the phone while still brushing my teeth and walking back into the bathroom.

"Good morning, baby. You almost ready to go to school?" Trey said. Hearing his voice brought a smile to my face that I just couldn't contain.

Before I responded, I spit the remaining bit of tooth paste into my sink.

"Yes, baby. I'm tired as hell though" I whined into the phone.

"You'll be alright." Trey chuckled before continuing. "Remember, we got the gender reveal ultrasound today when you get out of school."

"I know, how could I forget Trey? You've been reminding me non stop" I laughed while walking over to my closet to pick out an outfit.

I decided to go with my grey crushed velvet jogging suit, sheep skin Uggs and grey Goyard tote.

"Just making sure, baby. But I'll be outside in 15 minutes, so please don't take too long" Trey warned.
Every morning I take at least an extra 15 minutes getting ready because beauty takes time. He wouldn't have to worry about that this morning though, it was going to rain today.

"Okay, I promise..." I said in a baby-like voice.

"Alright, ma. Love you." Trey responded

"I love you too, baby." I said, ending the call.

Ever since I found out Trey was cheating on me with that bitch, Sariah, he's been being nothing but a gentleman and great boyfriend. And to make matters even better, he's been extremely helpful with my pregnancy. Whether I needed him to bring me a healthier lunch to school, rub my swollen feet or simply just cuddle with me; he was there. I appreciated every bit of him.

Since I showered last night, I didn't need one this morning. I put on a fresh pair of panties and one of the maternity bras Trey bought me. I grabbed my coco butter off of my vanity, and applied a thick amount to my belly, breasts and hips. I didn't have time for stretch marks.

I walked over to my large chest in search of some socks. When I finally found a grey pair that matched my outfit, I put them onto my slightly swollen feet. I proceeded to put on my velvet jogging suit and Uggs. Only thing left for me to do was to fix my hair.

Walking into my bathroom, I untied my satin scarf and grabbed my brush. I brushed out the doubie that my hair was originally in and placed it into a high ponytail. Since I've gotten pregnant, I completely stopped wearing wigs and weaves. My natural hair was already at my mid-back area so it wasn't like I needed it anyways.

Like clockwork, I hear Trey honk his horn from outside; letting me know he was here. I begin to put a little bit more speed into my routine. I quickly grabbed my completed homework and the books I would need for the day. I placed them into my Goyard bag and hurried down the steps.

I knew Trey would already have food for me in the car so I skipped the kitchen. And walked straight to the front foyer. No one was home so I didn't have to worry about saying bye to anyone.

Opening my front door, I saw Trey parked in the driveway on his phone. Locking the front door, I walked to the car and opened the door.

"Baby!" I screeched, causing him to drop his phone.

"Damn, Tai! You about to give a nigga a heart attack screaming and shit." Trey hissed at me, making me laugh.

"I'm sorry, I was just excited to see you." I chuckled.

I reached over and grabbed his phone from his lap ensuring that he wouldn't have time to delete anything if he was up to something. I love him but don't fully trust him 100%. I was completely caught off guard when I found out he cheated in the first place, I just wanted to protect myself from being hurt again.

I double clicked the home button of his iPhone to see his recent tabs. Messages, Instagram, and YouTube popped up. I clicked the first of the three pages, Messages. Quickly scrolling through, I didn't see anything suspicious so I locked his phone and placed it back into his lap.

"Good boy." I said to myself.

Me being so consumed with his phone actually stopped me from noticing the Dunkin' Donuts bag and large hot chocolate that had "EWC" scribbled on the top, sitting in the cup holder. My stomach immediately started growling. Trey chuckled to himself, probably laughing at the fact that my stomach sounded like a garbage disposal.

I tore open the bag to come face to face with a BLT sandwich wrapped up. The heat I felt radiating from the wrapper told me that it was just made. I opened up my sandwich and dig right in. I felt Trey eyeing me so I slowed down my pace.

"You know me so well." I managed to say in between bites.

***********************************
I know I ended abruptly, but should I keep going? Comment down below or vote if you want me to. I'll post the rest of the story up as soon as I get some feedback.