Chapter 1

"Too slow!" the brown-haired man kicked the other in the stomach making him fall down. Again. The old storage building they were in was quiet as usual. There was no one to help the man in black coat, who was now on all four, trying his best not to couch any more blood. As usual. But no, he wasn't giving up. He never would. Not to this man. He slowly stood up again, pain hitting him from the inside. But he was back to the fight. He could feel the beast inside him trying to break free. But at the same time he knew it was pointless to release it. It wouldn't have any effect and would only be a waste of his already very poor strenght.

Akutagawa ended up only standing there without a move, which didn't please Dazai at all. No, in fact it made him even angrier. Getting close in a blink, he punched other's face hard again, making him fall to the floor two meters away and finally spit out all the blood. The black beast woke up completely, appearing from the back of the black coat. It flew up above it's master, giving Dazai the always hungry look, mixed with it's owner's anger. Now a smirk appeared on Dazai's lips. Abilities never had any effect on him, but he wanted to see how far can they actually go, how strong can they actually be. And even though he never said it directly to him, he already saw a huge potentional in Akutagawa. One, that might once make him the strongest ability-user in whole Port mafia.

The Rashoumon continued staring at the seemingly defenseless man. Akutagawa was still holding back. He didn't want to get hurt even more. It was enough like it already was - he could almost feel his insides being torn apart, his mouth was still full of blood and not even his black beast was in the best condition. Well, not that he could use the ability against Dazai anyway... Looking up at him he noticed that smirk. That damn smirk that looked like Ryunosuke was just a well trained monkey that was funny to watch. He stood up properly and glared at the other. How he hated that face.

"What's wrong with you?!" Dazai continued staring at him with the smirk, "Answer with your ability! Why do you have a black beast with you when you're not using it, useless stray dog?!"

Those words cut right through just as Osamu wanted. The man in black gripped his teeth in anger, the beast attacking with the speed of light. Just seeing those black jaws opening would make any normal human panic. Just one simple look in those red eyes could almost drive people insane. But not Dazai Osamu. Not one of the five leaders of the famous Port mafia. Watching the creature getting closer only made him sigh in annoyance and rise his hand against incoming attack. The beast tried to bite the hand offered to it, but was instead "eaten" by it. Ryunosuke fell back to his knees, exhausted. He just wasted all of his power in one useless attack.

He saw Dazai getting closer and tried to get back up, but his legs refused to work and he ended up back on the floor. His boss leaned down to him, still looking annoyed as he slapped his cheek. It hurt, but that wasn't the worst. Akutagawa hated those slaps for a different reason. He was once told by this man that the strong ones can be punched, while the weak ones only deserve slaps. Every time Dazai slapped him, the orphan was hating himself, and Dazai too of course, a bit more. There always was disgust in Osamu's face while doing so, or at least that was what Ryunosuke saw. Disgusted by the boy's trying and failing.

Dazai left and Ryunosuke stayed there alone. This was nothing unusual. In fact, he could only remember one time when he wasn't leaving this damn building just by himself. It was on the day he learnt to summon Rashoumon in form of a black beast. His clothes were no longer making just a blade. He got more power. And even though Dazai still didn't seem impressed, he didn't slap him that day. Osamu even took Akutagawa to a bar on that night. The boy felt like he couldn't be happier and more proud of himself. Eversince Dazai stole his reverenge, Ryunosuke hated him. But at the same time, he wanted the older man to be proud of him. He wanted to impress him. He wanted to prove he deserves the new life offered to him.

The boy cuddled to his coat more. Not only to the beast living inside, but also to the coat itself. Dazai's coat. The thing Dazai gave him when they met for the first time. The first and only thing anyone has ever given to a poor homeless boy with no family but a little sister. Dazai's coat... Maybe if he was cuddling hard enough, he could take some of Dazai's strenght from it... Maybe... He knew that was impossile, yet he still was trying. Like a little child is cuddling to the most precious plushie, the black-haired teenager was cuddling to a black coat. The coat that served as a prove Dazai didn't think he was useless once. Dazai's coat...

//A/n: This was supposed to be a bit longer chapter, but I kind of lost the spirit and also am not feeling like writing anything more now. Hopefully you all are gonna like this twisted hate-love between these two cool men.