Chapter 2

The morning came way too soon for the slim boy cuddling a coat on the floor. Before he knew it, an unknown hand gripped his neck and pulled him up above the ground. A light gasp escaped his lips as he opened his eyes quickly. At first, Ryunosuke was sure it was just another of his couching snaps, but when he saw a pair of burning eyes right in front of his own, he came back to his senses fast. Not fast enough though. Before he could defend, he was thrown on floor, a feet stepping on his stomach as the man leaned down to him.

"My my... What do we have here? How long have you been here, little guy?" the voice caused Akutagawa to shiver. It was cold and rough. Such a horrible voice... When Ryunosuke didn't answer, the man, losing the last bits of his patience, suddenly kicked his hip hard. The boy could almost feel his bone breaking. He yelled out in pain, not really sure of what he should do. No, in fact he was too shocked to even think about doing anything. It seemed that the pain just wasn't going to stop. Trembling, he stood up anyway.

That was one of the first things Dazai taught him. Akutagawa could almost hear his voice: "The enemy won't bother to wait untill you get up! Hurry and attack back! You're nothing but a weakling if you can't handle a single kick."

That was right... fight back. He had his ability. He didn't have to be beaten by this stupid man. With a glare, he clenched his fists, "Do not call me like that. My name's Akutagawa Ryunosuke!"

The man, however, didn't really seem to be impressed by that. Pulling out a gun, he gave Akutagawa an uninterested look. He pointed the gun at the shaking boy. Ryunosuke's heart skipped a beat because of the sudden fear that filled his entire being. No way he could fight now. He couldn't stop the bullet and his ability wasn't fast enough to kill the man before shooting. The mafia member stayed still, watching the weapon in other's hand. If he could get a bit closer, he should be able to do it right... If only he could get a bit closer.

A shot was heard. The sound filled the room for a milisecond. The raven-haired male fell on the floor. What was happening? He couldn't tell for sure. All he knew for sure was that his chest hurt way more than it should. His vision was becoming blurry and he was pretty sure he could smell the cold bitter smell of death itself. Was it really gonna end just like this? With him dying in here? Before finding his place in life? Before he could find that purpose promised by Dazai-san?

Ah, right... Dazai-san. What would he think if the boy just died here today like this? He wouldn't be proud, that's certain. But would he even care? That thought alone was another shoot to the heart of poor boy. Yet, it made him desperate. He couldn't afford to die and leave that man alive... At least that he had to do... He heard footsteps as the man was coming closer again. This was it - now or never. Akutagawa was decided already. As soon as he saw that disgusting face, his black beast appeared all of sudden.

Before the man could fire another bullet, his shocked face disappeared in rashoumon. Akutagawa's head fell to a side and hit the floor hard. He saw familiar pair of shoes landing on the floor. He knew exactly who it was. His superior, who was watching this from some distance. How cold was he really? Knowing about all this and he was just watching? Well, it was just him. But now... Akutagawa saw him kneeling down. For a moment he almost was happy. For a moment he almost thought Dazai could care about him for real. Then he felt a slap on his cheek.

And all his hope was shattered to pieces. Then everything went black.

He slowly opened his eyes to see a lamp above his head. He wasn't sure what happened. Wasn't he dead? Was this hell? He couldn't move. But he wasn't even trying to. If this was really hell, moving wouldn't help him at all. The lamp's light was so bright he couldn't see anything else. As if it was making him blind. But soon something covered that painful light. It was a head. A woman's head. Her brown hair already falling on his shoulders. Yet, he didn't really feel that touch.

"Oi, you're awake already? That was pretty fast." he saw her face turning to a light smirk. And he didn't really like it. Yes, she surely did look like some demon, who came to torture him. But for some reason he felt no pain right now. But her face... was clearly dangerous. She pulled away. His glance followed her. Of course he couldn't move his head much. But enough to see where she was going to and what she was doing.

It was also now when he noticed he was lying there completely naked. This brand new information would made him feel embarrased. If he could have feelings like embarrasment, that is. But the woman didn't seem to mind too much too. As she turned back to him, he only could focus on one thing - a scalpel in her hand. He didn't really understand why she had a scalpel or what was she gonna do with it. But he had a bad feeling he was about to find out soon.

The woman came back to him, holding the scalpel above his neck. She let out a kinda disapointed sigh, "These rude superiors of yours took away all my other toys. I will have to stick to this until I get out. But for you, it should be enough."

She rised her hand high, getting ready to stab. Probably right in his neck. And he couldn't do anything. However, right before he got stabbed, someone caught the woman's wrist and threw her over their shoulder to the floor. A few security workers immediately rushed in, taking her out of the room. The person, who came first took care of anything keeping Akutagawa down now. The boy looked at him, not sure what to say. The person in front of him was slightly short, had ginger-coloured hair and wore a fedora and a black coat, a bit like Dazai's. He looked at him and smirked.

"For that bastard's subordinate you're not really that weak. Keep your stamina, you will need it."