Chapter 16

Authors note: She's a sweetheart and Thranduil will find himself in an awkward position.

Wreathed in Moonlight and Water

She crouched upon a branch of a large oak. Her eyes were closed in concentration as she talked to the tree. She listened to its wisdom and stories. Trees were the best of friends.

Nothing existed to her beyond the quite rumblings of the voice she spoke with. The elves eating down below were forgotten. She was the main focus to them though.

*************★***************

Thranduil stared at the strange lady she had been his focus since he had found her asleep in the tree. Why was she not sleeping at night? She would be talking to trees late into the night and he would find her asleep when they reached the break point.

She was never sleeping so deep as to need to be carted again. He still found it strange she didn't sleep at night it seemed. It had been five days since then.

He saw no reason to object to this change in behavior. He found himself glad to see her in better health than she had been. He had to admit he had grown to respect the lady.

'for that she garners my concern'

*************★***************

Loriel opened her eyes to note all the elves were asleep. Everything was quite. She moved to her pouch silently and pulled out the things she would need to bath.

The tree told her of a broke near by. She went to bathe glad for the oppurtunity to wash the dust of travel from her skin.

She removed her clothes and set them aside to be washed. She descended down into the water which reached her waist.

She dunked down and started washing her hair vigorously. She luxuriated in the feel of being clean as she washed her hair and body.

When she had rinsed she simply bobbed around the small space and watched the water. Radaghast had told her of her Telerin elf heritage. Their love of water was heavily noted.

She found it to be true once she got older she could stare at water for hours on end. She watched the moon beams create a ripple effect on her skin beneath the water.

*************★**************

'Beautiful maiden wreathed in moonlight and water' he thought.

He told himself to turn away and to go back to his tent. His mind screamed for him to do the honorable thing. His eyes would not listen however and he remained locked in place.

He was no longer a young elf prince. He no longer desired things with so little importance to them. Physical desires had ceased to appeal to him until she showed up. She brought forth within him feelings and desires he had long ago ceased to care about or feel.

He felt himself harden against his better judgment. She was breathtaking in every aspect. Her body was unlike that of an elf in the fact she had more curves. Still she was stunning.

He felt the desire to go to her and experience the sensations he felt in his dream. Still it remained in his mind despite how he denied it even to himself. Her body was even more beautiful than his dream had been.

Here in this wild place, surrounded by water and moonlight, she was one of the most beautiful sights hebhad ever beheld.

Oh how he wished to touch that skin. He wished to taste those water crisp lips. To suckle her breasts with tips surely hardened from the cool water and air.

His eyes were riveted to the droplets that caught on her skin. They shined like diamonds in the moonlight. He wanted to taste the trails they made upon her flawless skin.

'perfection truly'

When she rose from the water he sucked in a sharp breath. He moved up into the tree behind him. Hiding his perverse study of her. He felt undignified for doing what he was doing.

And yet he couldn't say he didn't want to be here. In the morning he could deny it all he wanted. Here and now though he was basking in her beauty.

'In this place wreathed in moonlight and water.'