Chapter 6

I started to gather my thoughts as I made my way towards my house door.  Placing  my hand on the door handle it suddenly swings opens with both my mother and Zayn looking at me with a dispirited look on their faces. "So how about you tell us where you have been Melaine?" My mother said walking into the living room while I followed behind her, letting Zayn close our front door. I could feel my head pounding as if the inside of my head was hosting an bongo rave. "i-i was at a friends house." I half whispered trying not to let the lump of barf escape my mouth. "Does this friend have a name? Does this friend work at your workplace?" My mother said moving closer to me. I have a stern feeling my mom told Zayn about my few outing with Bryson. "Yea I was with a co-worker" I nod holding my head.
My mom grabs my waist standing me up. "What did you do with this co-worker of yours? You look pale in the face"

"We just talked, I may have had one to many drinks."

"You hardly drink Mel bear. Why are you drinking now?" Zayn asked looking at me. I started to chew the inside of my cheek trying to think of a good lie.

"I can't play this game anymore. Zayn. Tell her what you told me." My mom said walking towards the kitchen to get something out of the fridge. She comes back  handing me a bottled water. "I know about you and your boss." I heard him say as I covered my face with my hands groaning softly. "Y-you know.. h-how?" I said sitting back down on the couch slowing my breathing.. my chest feels heavy and I can barley keep my eyes opened.

"I followed you to his house last night" he said  standing in front of me. "I'm sorry Zayn"

"You had sex with him didn't you?" He slightly yelled grabbing my chin making me look at him. My mom moves him away from me. "Wait Zayn look at her. She doesn't look well" She touches my forehead softly. "Hey Melanie. Look at me" I couldn't open my eyes fully so I squinted at her. "What really happened last night?" I started to cry once I felt my body go numb and I saw nothing but swirls. So I clenched my eyes closed and started to scream as loud as I could because the way I am feeling felt like a really bad dream.  I just want to wake up from this feeling and realize I'm home laying in my bed with Zayn in my arms. I couldn't move a limb nor could I speak without stuttering. Someone grabs my waist throwing me over their shoulder. I stopped screaming once I realized it was Zayn who was carrying me. "Melanie I don't know what's going on with you but I'm taking you to a hospital. You're act very erratic"  He sighed walking outside. How I knew this because I saw small swirls of grass and dirt before blacking out.

"Hey Mel wake up.. don't you die on me. Wake up baby girl" A small pain shot through my left arm gasping  loudly and opened my eyes to see I was laying in a hospital bed with a nurse standing over me slowly pulling out a needle that was in my arm. "This will be our final blood draw for now. We took a pint already. So she will have to stay in here until we figure out why she's having random out burst and-" Something over came Me causing me to shake uncontrollably.

Zayn

"She's having a seizure. Ok I need one of you to tell me what happened before you realized she was not act like her normal self." The nurse lays her on her side and stuffs a piece of gauze in her mouth so she wouldn't bite her tongue. Melanie shaking comes to a hold and she groans lowly throwing up foamy spit. I glanced at her mom who was trying not to cry while her daughter was foaming out of the mouth. "Um she walked home from her boss house. We realized that was really pale looking and couldn't keep her eyes open." Her mom said standing at the end of the bed. "Oo she also said she was drinking?" I told her nurse watching her writes everything down on her clipboard. "Do you know what she drank? Has she recently gotten over a cold, the flu any type of sickness? Does she take medication for anything?" Her mom answered all of the questions. I looked at Melanie as she lay panting on the bed. "You're ok Mel bear. Everything is fine. Just go to sleep" I whispered running my fingers through her hair. She grabs my hand and squeezes it weakly. " I love you Z" she mumbles falling asleep. "I'll leave you two alone. I'm going to talk to the doctor and find out what's going on" I nod as both the nurse and Melanie mom walked out of the room...

Melanie

"Hey you're finally awake." Zayn kisses my cheek "Why am I in a hospital bed?" I asked slowly sitting up. "Um you were acting strange once you got home. You couldn't keep your eyes open , you spoke with a stutter and then you started to scream like crazy" I sighed laying back on the bed staring at the ceiling. The bad thing about him telling me this is I don't remember any of it. "Where was I coming home from?" I asked looking at him. Zayn rubs his cheek "you were coming back your boss house. That's what you told me and your mom. You said you had one to many drinks." I blinked remembering that after I drunk that one glass of wine I started to feel dizzy and I couldn't keep myself upright. "Baby I think maybe I was drugged" I told Zayn watching his facial expression change from a look of worry to anger. "You think?" I nod grabbing ahold of his hand bringing it up to my lips and kisses the back of his hand several times. In walks a mid forties woman with brown hair and a hour glass body. "Ms. Sums. It appears you have a small amount of Zyprexa in your system." I looked at Zayn as he asked what was Zyprexa. "It's a antipsychotic medication usually prescribed for a person with a bipolar or any other psychotic disorder.. I looked up your recorded just to be sure and you don't take mess for anything." I sighed looking at the doctor. "I think I was drugged by someone" I spoke. "Do you want to report this? Maybe talk to a police officer about this incident?" She asked tapping her gel nails on the bottom of her clipboard. "No ma'am I would like to be released now. Am I free to go?" I asked in a stern tone. "Yes. I'll have you mom sign your release papers and you'll be free to go" she gives me a look before walking out of the room. "Why aren't you going to report this Melanie? That's stupid of you not to." Zayn said pulling his hand out of mine. "Zayn I know what I'm doing"

"You better or I'm going to handle it" he stares at me. "Don't do anything. I will handle this ok baby. Now help me take this I.V out my arm." He chuckles taking it out of my arm, picks me up carrying me into the bathroom. He then hands me my clothing watching me change out of the hospital gown and back into the clothing I had on. "Let's go home baby girl" Zayn said as I walked out of the bathroom...

Published
1/26/17

Leave comments plz