Prologue

Selena Quintanilla-Pérez,Was born on; Friday, April 16 1971In Late Jackson Texas

Was born on; Friday, April 16 1971
In Late Jackson Texas.
To Parents; Marcella Ofelia Quintanilla (née Samora) who had Cherokee ancestry and Abraham Quintanilla, Jr., a Mexican American former musician.
Selena was the youngest out of 3 Children. The others were;
Suzette Quintanilla, & Abraham "A.B" Quintanilla, III

Selena's father knew from the day she started singing that she was destined to be a star. It all started when Selena was a small child. she grabbed a song book, and sang a few tunes. her father was in awe. he realized that his daughter had a beautiful voice, and it was all over. Selena wanted to sing English Pop, but her father told her to "learn Spanish first." Selena learned a little spanish here and there, through the years. and got signed with a major recording label ( EMI Latin) by José Behar, and recorded approximately 4 studio albums in spanish. Selena, wasn't fluent in Spanish at all. Her main language was English. Selena wanted to sing in English because she felt that it would be easier because she also idolized artist that sang in English.

I have heard many artist sing in Spanish But, Selena created her own amazing image. Nobody can sing the way she does, as in, touch that special type of vocals She had. Selena had a very rare voice that we will NEVER find again.. not in this lifetime.

This is why I'm sitting here today, writing this to you. after doing tons of research and speaking to fans and interviewers who have shared delightful stories with me.
to tell you all that is forgotten or not included , or unknown about Selena.

Dear Selena..., this is for you.

To help you gain more true fans from all around the world..

Love, one of your biggest fans.