TWO CAN KEEP A SECRET, IF ONE OF THEM IS DEAD (ʳᵖ ˢᵗᵃʳᵗᵉʳ)

-

TWO CAN KEEP A SECRET, IF ONE OF THEM IS DEAD. [AU STARTER]

THE BONFIRE blazed brightly, casting a parade of light across the faces of the various teenagers at the party. Loud pop music filled the air, being blasted out of a speaker in the back of some dinged up truck. The surrounding woods enveloped the party in a circle of darkness, blocking the rest of the world out of sight. Throwing a party in the middle of the woods probably hadn't been Jake Fitzgerald's smartest idea, but he was sure as hell glad he did. Being in the woods definitely did have some perks, though. Perks that he considered when deciding to move a party that was originally supposed to be at his house, to an isolated location with barely any cell phone service.

Kicking around a few discarded red solo cups, Jake maneuvered around a few nerds that were mingling by the edge of two large kegs. He carried two cups filled with cheap booze over to an area a little ways away from the crowd of people, swarming around the bonfire like flies. "For you, m'lady." The dark haired boy said, as he approached Lakewood's Queen B, Brooke Maddox. He held out one of the cups, haphazardly splashing some of the contents on her shoes.

"Seriously, Jake?" She huffed, but smiled despite herself. The blonde took the cup carefully, making sure not to damage her shoes the way he had.

"Ah, you love The Jake." He replied with a grin, flirtatiously winking at the girl.

"That's disgusting." Matthew Maddox's voice rang out, from beside Brooke. "Do you guys ever stop?"

"I don't think we actually want to know." Cassidy Branson interjected, shaking her head at the younger Maddox. She turned to look at the dark haired boy who had disrupted the group's previous conversation, before teasingly adding, "This is The Jake, after all." 

"Ha Ha Ha." Jake said sarcastically, rolling his eyes playfully.

"You guys are like little kids sometimes. I swear." Emma cut in from behind Jake, with a laugh. 

"I agre-" Eli started, as he was approaching the group. However, he was quickly cut off by the ringing of Emma's phone. 

Emma pulled out her phone, checking the caller id. The number was completely blocked and only  came up as Unknown. "That's weird. It's a blocked number." The girl frowned. Despite her better judgement, she answered the phone. Thinking it was a prank call, she put it on speaker.

"Hello, Emma. And the rest of her little gang." A strange voice rang out, his voice sounding from the phone.

"Who is this?" Emma questioned apprehensively, as Brooke rolled her eyes.

"I wouldn't worry about that, Emma. I would worry about which one of your little friends started something that they couldn't end." The stranger answered vaguely. 

"What do you want?" Emma shot back, furiously. "This isn't funny. I swear to God-"

"God can't help you now." The voice interrupted.

"Okay, hang up on this douche wad. He's just trying to scare us." Jake said, looking highly unamused. He took a gulp of his drink, gesturing for the girl to end the creepy phone call, as Cassidy nodded in agreement. 

"Hang up and all of you die." The voice threatened.

"Listen here, loser. Leave us alone." Brooke sassed, flipping some of her silky blonde hair off her shoulder. She looked more annoyed than anyone else in the group, as if the creep on the phone was a big inconvenience. 

"How about we play a little game? Whoever loses dies. It's up to you to figure out who the loser is." The man on the phone said, completely ignoring Brooke's comment. "But first, let's kill the lights."

Within seconds after hearing the man say that, the fire was put out and everything went dark. The blackness that was once pushed away by the fire, was now enveloping the group of teens. Several screams were heard, as the music was cut off, as well. Leaving them all in silence minus the few "This party is lame. Lets go. " and the other "I'm not getting murdered out here. I'm leaving." A few moments later and several engines were heard starting. The once full party had been cleared out in an instant. The only light left, was the glow of Emma's cell phone, illuminating those around her.

"Who are you?" Emma pressed, as Jake took a step closer to go sit in between Brooke and Cassidy.

"The game has begun. Good luck. Just remember, Two can't keep a secret. Even if one them is dead." 

[ tagging;; CassidyxBranson + brookexmaddox + MatthewMaddox +cerealkcller + emmaxduval + anyone else I've failed to tag ]

[ a note; this an au where none of the previous killings have happened (minus nina's, but they still think that it was tyler), everyone knows each other, and everyone dies, except for one person. also, the game is about discovering everyone's dirty little secrets. i hope that this clarified.]