Chapter 2 - sometimes the truth hurts

The red head woman lead Katniss from the room with Peeta — who Katniss was reluctant to leave — and into a large room. Technology far more advanced than the Capitol's filled the wall space, and in the middle sat a large table.

Around the table sat seven people. Seven people who studied her curiously.

The red head woman who had lead her took a seat next to a blonde man who was playing with an arrow. It was then she realised she was weaponless.

"Ms Everdeen. How nice to see you up and about again." The speaker was a man with dark skin — typical of a district 11, but he didn't seem like a guy Katniss could picture out in the fields picking corn all day. He had an eye patch over one eye and scars around it.

But Katniss wasn't one to pick on peoples scars, she had enough on her own as it was.

"Who are you? And why am I here?" He laughed.

"In due course, Girlie." Katniss slammed her hands on the table, causing a few to flinch, in particular the guy with the styled goatee who wasn't paying attention as to what was happening.

"My name is not 'Girlie'." She growled.

He raised his eyebrow. "Just like her mother. She won't take shit from anyone." He chuckled.

Glancing around the room she noticed a few of them smiling. Not the blonde-arrow man or the red haired woman.

"I'm nothing like her. Prim was like her. I was like my father."

The man laughed again. "In a way." No one else said a word. After a while the man spoke again. "Ms Everdeen, I want you to meet my team." He pointed to a brown haired woman on his right. "This is Maria Hill. My second in command."

The woman stuck out her hand which Katniss shook. "Pleasure to meet you." Katniss nodded.

"Rogers. Steve Rogers." Said a blonde haired man (not the arrow guy). Katniss shook his hand too.

"Bruce Banner, m'am." It felt weird to be called m'am. She shook his hand too.

"Billionaire, playboy, philanthropist." She narrowed her eyes at him. "More commonly known as Tony Stark." She didn't shake his hand.

"Thor," boomed a man with long blonde hair, silver armor and a red cape. "God of Thunder." He nearly tore Katniss' hand off from shaking it.

"Clint Barton." Said the arrow guy. He gingerly shook her hand.

Next came the red headed woman. "Natasha." The woman told her.

Katniss looked back at the dark skinned man. "And I, am Nick Fury. And they, all work for me."

"Great." Katniss began. "Now that we're all acquainted, let's move along shall we? You know, to the part were you tell me what I am doing here."

Fury laughed. "Ms Everdeen, so alike your mother."

Katniss glared at him. "Where am I? And for what purpose did you bring me here?"

He glanced lightly down at a piece of paper in his hands.

"For the past three years, Ms Everdeen, you have been in a simulation. The only thing that was real in that false reality was your and Peeta's thoughts."

Katniss slowly began to understand what he was saying. "You mean, Willow and Finn, you mean they arent real?"

He nodded. "They are as real as Primrose, Snow and the games. They are only part of your imagination."