Chapter 4.

"Table for two please," Drake said, offering the waitress a soft smile. She led them to a table in the middle of the room. A chandelier hung over their head and aesthetically pleasing plants surrounded them. The building was bustling with families and couples.

Drake slid into the booth next to Rihanna, who put her hand on top of his. "I know you usually don't come here, but I figured you needed a change."

"When you invited me on a date, I didn't necessarily think you meant the Cheesecake Factory. But I promise I won't dump wine on you or toss cake in your face." They shared a laugh and Rihanna lovingly kissed Drake on the cheek, who smiled and murmured in her ear,

"I'm going to go freshen up." He slid out of the booth, leaving his phone on the table. Rihanna uses her own thumbprint to unlock the phone to take pictures of herself on his camera app, but she notices a strange message appear on his phone. She taps the notification. The number is not saved and looks eerily familiar.

???: Who tf do you think I am?

???: Please speak to me. I've been waiting so long.

???: Who the fuck are you with?

???: Aubrey answer me, right tf now.

"Shit..." A deep voice boomed. He kissed his teeth and gazed at her. "Who texted me? I deadass have nothing to hide but you look like you've seen a ghost."

"Aubrey, who is this female in your phone and what is she talking about?" Rihanna shoved him the phone, furrowing her brows.

"This is not what it looks like..." he shakes his head, hanging it, "there's some shit I have to tell you. It'll probably explain why I'm so adamant about having kids."

Rihanna tilted her head quizzically as he pressed on.

"Nicki and I used to have a thing on the low while she was with Safaree as you know. One thing led to another, and I ended up getting her pregnant. As soon as she found out, I was elated. But, I was also hurt because I knew that her real love was with Safaree and not me. How could I bring a child into a broken home like that?" Drake let out a sigh, and continued. "I told her adoption was a good option, but she knew the media would latch onto that. I wasn't opposed to keeping the baby, but I wasn't all for it either. One night I woke up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and there was my unborn baby in the toilet. Nicki was sprawled across the floor, drenched in blood. To this day I'm still in shock that she would do something so foolish, so reckless. So dangerous..."

Rihanna remained silent as Drake dug his teeth into his lower lip. His face grew red and he blinked a couple of times. He cleared his throat and attempted to gather his jumbled up thoughts.

"I got her to a hospital, made sure she was well, and after she got out she began to blame me for the reason why she did the abortion. Her number has been blocked, unblocked, and unsaved multiple times. I try to check up on her every now and then, but she's so damn resentful that nothing gets through. Everyone wonders why we don't speak or work together anymore," he shook his head, croaking, "that's exactly why. She murdered my child, used me when she was bored with Safaree, and claimed she loved me but always threw herself back at him. I have a lot of experience with that shit, though."

"I'm sorry, Aubrey..." Rihanna rested her hand on his knee.

"It's fine, it's all good. Swear. Just don't know why she's trying to reach out to me. I want nothing to do with her, and it's her fault that Safaree found out. She's never been good at hiding anything."

The waitress approached them in that split second, asking for their drinks and orders. Drake and Rihanna both ordered cajun pasta just to try something new together. Drake ordered his usual white wine, and Rihanna decided to get water. The waitress walked away quickly to fill their order.