Chapter 3

They spent the better part of the night catching mom and dad up on what they'd been doing. Well you know, only the things they should know. Jed smirked as he thought about all the wicked things that would probably have his mom kicking his ass. When a wince escaped, his mother elevated his leg and it seemed to have helped. The swelling started to subside.

She was his typical mom; fussing all over him. Apparently after sneaking away for a couple of seconds, he now had an appointment to see the daughter of her best friend tomorrow. Wow, he hadn't realized that the girls would be all grown up too. When they were small his mom had formed a strong bond with five women that were a little older than her. Not by a lot, but still, they all had daughters, if memory serves him right.

It had been a pain in the ass when they were growing up and the girls were there. If he remembered correctly they were skinny, homely, and would love to follow them around. He and his brothers had been too much in their own world at the time; only thinking of sports and cheerleaders to even pay attention. He remembered that after a while the girls just stopped coming with their moms. Not that it mattered anyway.

Jed had been so busy in his little flash back. He missed when his father asked who was going to the shop with him tomorrow. Shit, they had done the not it game and now Jed was stuck with being it. "So Jed my boy, seems you will be joining me at work tomorrow. Your brothers bailed before you said anything." His father said smiling down at him knowing full well he had lost the game.

Jed looked around and they all wore innocent expressions on their faces. "Mom said I was going to go see a doctor tomorrow." Jed told his father now more than happy about the doctor's visit. He was well aware that he was jumping from the frying pan into the fire but, oh well. His father was always trying to get him to join the family business. Now that he was hurt his father would push him more now.

"Make Sergio go with you dad. It'll be like you still have me there with you." Jed smirked using the twin thing to his advantage. Sergio grunted then kicked out the pillow under his knee causing Jed to howl in pain.

Their mother came and hit Sergio in the back of the head. "Sergio, stop hurting your brother." She reprimanded then smiled sweetly at him. "It's a good idea, you can go with your father tomorrow. You can see how big the shop is now and you'll be surprised when you see who's managing the place," Mom still smiled sweetly at Sergio, for some reason that made Jed's skin crawl.

He wasn't sure if it was the pain or the look in her eyes. "Well my lovely boys, your father and I are off to bed. We'll see you in the morning. There will be a family breakfast and we can decide what the agenda will be." She kissed them all and dad just made a face as if he felt pity for us. What did the old lady have planned now?

After his parents left the room Jed made sure they were out of hearing range. "Guys, something's up here. Mom is sending out a creepy vibe." They all nodded in agreement and made a pact to watch each other's backs.

They all laugh when Grady looked at Jed then at Sergio. "Wonder twin powers activate." He said laughing making Jed throw a pillow from the couch at him. "That never gets old," Grady said as he gasped for air.

"Mark my words, brother, keep your eyes peeled." Jed said picking up another beer. "I know this lady as if she was my very own mom." That just started the laughter all over again. "Damn, we should stop drinking and get some rest. Seems she has an agenda for us all tomorrow."

Victor wasn't ready to let them all go yet.....

"No, not yet I have big news," He said and they all huddle around him so they could stay quiet. "I am checking out the Chicago Fire tomorrow. They want me, the coach said since I was here, I should check them out."