Chapter 3

The dinner we had was really fun. It was full of jokes and we even went to the karaoke place. It helped me forget about everything, for a bit.

My dad's funeral was tomorrow, which means all my relatives will go. I really don't want to go but my friends encouraged me. They said they'll go too so I guess it's okay. I just really hope she'll be there.

When I woke up the next day, I felt really nervous. It's like I just wanted to get out of here. I want to escape this situation that I'm in right now. But I can't do that. I can't just leave without telling anything to my friends. They're all I've got.

I stood up from bed and went over to the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror. I wanted to punch it, but I can't just break something that wasn't mine. I washed my face and brushed my teeth. Today was dad's funeral. I really don't wanna' go. I felt scared. Nobody knew that I was the one who killed him, well, except for my mom. But deep inside, even though it's bad, I don't feel any regret at what I did to him. Because the truth is, he deserved it. What he did to me and my mom was so much worse. He made us suffer, especially mom. Thinking about all that made me feel angry. Don't worry Taehyung, you're mom won't suffer anymore. He's dead.

After I took a shower, I left the bathroom and wore the suit I borrowed from Hoseok-hyung. I went outside and headed towards the kitchen. There I saw Jimin cooking something. He noticed me and smiled.

"You're finally awake. Just sit down and wait for breakfast. I'm almost done." he spoke.

I sat down on the dining table and took the newspaper.

"POLICEMEN LOOKING FOR THE MURDERER OF KIM TAESUNG."

Shit.

"Looks like the police are finally looking for that bastard who killed your dad. Don't worry Tae, we'll find him and lock him in jail. That's where he belongs." Jimin said.

Fuck! What am I supposed to do? Sooner or later they'll know it's me! What if they check the fingerprints on that bottle? I don't wanna' go to jail! The others can't know about this! What will they think of me when they find out that I killed my own father!? Shit!

"Tae, are you okay? You look really frustrated." Jimin asked.

"U-umm, I'm fine Jiminie. I'm just really mad at that person who started all of this."

Lie.

"I'm really sorry Tae. I know you're having a hard time. I haven't met your dad, but I'm sure he's really proud of you right now because you're fighting for him."

My hands trembled at what he said. Jimin didn't know my father, well, none of my friends did. I never really talked about my family around them. I didn't know what to say. The stories they told about their families seems so happy all the time, that I started feeling jealous towards them. I never experienced a happy moment in my life inside my house. I don't even remember the last time I smiled in that place. The only time I smiled is when I was comforting my mom. I wanted to shout at Jimin, telling him that he knew nothing about my dad. That he was a devil who made us suffer. But I didn't do that. I just stayed quiet, staring at the wall. I don't know how I will react. Good thing Hoseok-hyung came in and broke the silence.

"Hey Tae! You're finally awake! Jimin! Is breakfast ready yet? I'm starving!"

"Be patient hyung! I'm almost done."

Hoseok then sat down on the chair beside me. He took the newspaper that I was holding.

"Damn! That's one hell of a bastard! He practically made a hole on your dad's stoma--

"Hyung!" Jimin shouted. Hoseok-hyung then looked at me, feeling guilty at what he said.

"Sorry, Tae. I didn't mean to--

"Don't worry hyung. It's okay." I said, cutting him off.

"Are you sure you're okay? You look really sad right now." Hoseok asked.

"Well of course he's sad you idiot! Who wouldn't be sad when it's your dad's funeral today?" Jimin spoke.

"No. It's okay Jimin. I'm fine, really. I guess I'm just tired."

It's true though. I'm just tired. What Hoseok said a while ago didn't really affect me that much. I was the one who made that hole in his stomach anyway.

"Here, Tae. Eat breakfast first. Jin-hyung and the others will come here later." he said as he handed me a plate of bacon and a sunny-side egg.

"Thanks Jimin." I replied. I didn't really feel like eating right now. Especially when it's the devil's funeral today. I don't wanna' see my relatives. They know what my dad does to me and mom, and they didn't even try to help us. I don't wanna' hear their fake apologies and their "comforting" remarks. Thinking about it makes me sick.

"Tae, is something wrong? You're not touching your food. If you want I can cook you something else." Jimin said with a concerned look.

"You don't need to Jimin. I'll eat this."

When I was finished eating, I took my plate and washed it. After that, I went inside my room and sat on the bed.

I suddenly thought of my mom. Where is she? Will she go to the funeral? Why did she lie about dad's death? What does she think of me right now? Is she mad at me? Does she hate me?

Ugh! I have so many unanswered questions! I just wanna' see her again...

Suddenly, someone knocked on the door.

"Tae! Jungkook and the others are here. They're looking for you." Hoseok spoke from outside.

"I'm coming." I replied. I sighed before standing up. I went over to the living room, seeing Jungkook and Namjoon-hyung on the couch, while Jin-hyung and Yoongi-hyung are standing by the door. When they saw me, I smiled.

"Hey guys." I said.

*****
I'm sorry if I haven't updated in a long time. Also, forgive me if there are grammatical and typo errors.