Chapter 2

Brittany's POV:

"GIRLS WAKE UP AND SHOWER" I heard Quinn's Mom yell through the door.

"We're up" Quinn responded.

"What time is it?" I said checking my phone anyway "Arg it's 10:30am" I groaned.

"Come on Brit, Have shower then you can wear some of my clothes, Good thing we're the same size, and your spare toothbrush is in the cupboard" She rolled out of bed leaving me to check my messages.

Mom-Denice will pick you up at 12pm.

Dad-The meeting is happening at 12:45pm

I got out of bed and headed for the shower, Quinn and I only lived 10 mins away from each other.

At home-12:30pm

"Brittany honey come here" My mom called up the stairs, I was just curling the ends of my hair.

"Is he here?" I asked strolling down the stairs. I was nervous to see what he looked like because if I did have to stay with him I at least wanted him to be nice.

"Not yet" She hugged me "Mmm, you smell good" We both laughed "I just wanted to say, this is your fathers idea, and I just want you to know you have a choice, you don't have to date him" She smiled reassuringly.

"Yeah, But why is he doing this?" I sighed "I can find someone on my own"

"He just wants the best for you" She rubbed my arm.

"Hi, Sweetie, are you ready?" He asked kissing my forehead.

"Yeah, have you already met him?" I asked my father.

"Yes, I am friends with his father, he will be good for you" He assured me.

"What if I don't like him?" I questioned hesitantly I didn't want to disappoint my father.

"Well-" He was cut off by the door bell "I will get it, sit in the living room and wait" He said to Mom and I.

I was sitting on the sofa with my legs crossed waiting for him to come in. I heard my dad greeting people, then footsteps entering the living room.

"Brittany this is Sam Evans" I stood up and walked over to the guy, He had blonde hair like mine. maybe a little darker, He was really very attractive, He had some huge lips too. Like a fish.

"Hi" he stuck out his hand for me to shake.

"Hey" I shook it gently.

"We will be in the kitchen, you two...get to know each other" My dad smiled and gestured to Sam's parents and my Mom to the kitchen. They walked out leaving Sam and I alone. We both sat down on the sofa.

"So, This is strange" He laughed "Well, I first want to apologise because it was my parents that suggested this to your father since they're friends" He smiled.

"I can't believe they are actually doing this, I thought it was all a joke at first" I laughed with him.

"How old are you anyway?" He asked.

"I am 18, how about you?" I just assumed he would be the same age.

"I am 24" He replied smiling, I choked on my drink.

"Oh" I said wiping my mouth.

"6 years isn't too bad" He shrugged "I mean, I look younger right"

"Yeah, you do" I laughed.