~Chapter Four~

Greed woke with a small groan and tried to move, but found that there was something holding him in place. He looked down to  see Once-ler cuddled up against his chest, a calm expression on his face and no sign of fear. He softly smiled down at the small boy and pressed a light kiss to his forehead. Once-;er moved closer to Greed, unaware of how he was making the man feel. Greed's heart clenched when he managed to look around the room, seeing drawings of Truffula trees covering the walls and the dark curtains that were seemingly always closed on the single window that looked out onto the clear plains where the bright trees used to stand.
He looked back down at Once-ler who had begun to move and grinned when he saw the boy's eyes beginning to open.
"Good morning, Oncie~" he whispered in the boy's ear and his grin grew wider when he heard him let out a tired giggle.
"Morning, Greed," he yawned as he slowly sat up and rubbed the sleep from his eyes. He grabbed his pajamas that had been thrown onto the floor and quickly slipped them on before walking over to the closet and walking in to wake up Pipsqueak.
"Wait, Pipsqueak! Hey- No!" he shouted and Greed yelped as the small Barboloot clamped his teeth down on his arm.
"Pipsqueak!" Once-ler shouted as he jumped onto the bed and wrapped his arms around the small animal and pulled him off of Greed. Pipsqueak growled at the other man before curling into a ball in Once-ler's arms, still growling.
"Pipsqueak," Once-ler said as he held Pipsqueak out at arms length. "He isn't gonna hurt me, okay?"
Pipsqueak whimpered and held his arms out to Once-ler who quickly brought him back towards his body and hugged him.
"Aw, if that isn't just the cutest thing," Greed cooed and Once-ler stuck his tongue out at him. After putting Pipsqueak back down on the bed, Once-ler shooed Greed out of his room so that he could get changed.
"Come on, Oncie! It's not like it's anything I haven't seen before!" Greed whined from the other side of the door and Once-ler rolled his eyes as he slipped his vest on over his shirt and buttoned it up. He quickly pulled his boots on before walking back over to the door and pulling it open, sending Greed - who had been leaning against the door - falling to the floor flat on his back. Greed grumbled as he slowly sat up and rubbed the back of his head before getting back onto his feet to glare at Once-ler who grinned and slipped past him to begin running towards the stairs.
"Hey!" he shouted and chased after the laughing boy who had already started making his way downstairs. "Get back here!"
Once-ler hopped onto the railing and slid the rest of the way down, a grin on his face. Greed followed right behind him and was eventually able to grab him off of the railing.
Once-ler giggled as Greed carried him down to the first floor and finally to the kitchen.
"So, how do pancakes sound?" Once-ler asked once he calmed down and was able to catch his breath.