Teaser- Merry Christmas

"Charlie don't be so mad at me I try to come around as much as possible."

"Alex I see you maybe twice a year and now you're here but you have to leave within the hour. No I will be mad because I don't see you anymore. On  top of that it is Christmas! You're just going to leave?"

Charlie crosses her arms when Alex goes to pull her in for a hug. "Sis I wish I could explain but you know I can't. It's my job it calls for me at all hours of the night. You know that."

"But that doesn't mean I don't want you to be around more. Ever since you graduated college you're never around and I miss my big brother sometimes and mom and dad miss their son."

"I'm sorry. I wish I could be around more. I miss you guys more than you know, but my job calls for me to be away a lot."

Alex grabs Charlie in a hug until she reluctantly puts her arms around him.

"Maybe I'll see you soon?"

Alex kisses the top of her head. "Yeah hopefully. I love you Charlotte."

"I love you too."

After Alex leaves she helps her parents clean up what it left of dinner and the mess around the house. They all enjoy each other's company cracking jokes and teasing one another. 

Charlie gets ready to leave at about 10 that night knowing she has to work tomorrow even though today was just Christmas. She gathers her things and hugs each of her parents goodbye. 

"See you later! I love you."

"I love you too." Her parents say in unison as they watch their baby girl leave their house.

Her parents continue to clean up and head to bed. After about 1 in the morning they hear a banging at the door.

"Robert go check and see who it is."

"Helen stay up here. No one should be banging on a door at 1 in the morning."

Robert slides on a pair of sweatpants and puts his glasses on perturbed that someone interrupted their sleep. He walks downstairs grumbling. When he gets to the door her unlocks it ready to give whoever is there an earful. He opens the door to find a gun pointed in his face, 

"Open the door all the way old man or I'll blow your brains out."

Fear courses through Mr.Ross as he tries to think of an escape against the man and his gun.

Robert bravely tries to slam the door shut hoping that he will be able to lock the man out and grab his wife but fails. The man's boot comes forward blocking the door from shutting all the way.

"Sorry Mr.Ross but you are going to let me in this house and you will tell me about your son Alex and where he is."

A strong surge of adrenaline and protection surges through him. "No chance in hell, buddy. You will not hurt my son."

"Well that sucks for you."

Robert looks the man in the eyes as he holds up the gun and pulls the trigger. And everything goes black.

The intruder walks through the house picking up a picture of the whole family. 

"Didn't know Alex had a sister. I'll have to take care of her." He mumbles to himself.

The stairs squeak causing him to turn around. "Well Mrs.Ross I almost forgot about you."

Before she had time to process the scene before her eyes the intruder pulls the trigger. He then takes the family photograph stepping over the two bodies and closing the door behind. 

He gets into his car pulling out his phone to make a phone call. "Hey man, the parents are taken care of but we have another problem. Alex has a sister. Yeah, I'll find her. I always find them."

Merry Christmas! I planned on starting this today but SN is still going on so I decided to put a teaser up as a Christmas present. Tell me what you think!