Chapter 14

Emily opened the front door of the Hotchner home around midnight. Her plane was delayed so she got back later than expected. She brought her bags to the laundry room and tossed them into the washer. After exiting the laundry room, she went into the kitchen to get water before heading upstairs for bed. She was exhausted and slightly hung over from drinking a lot over the trip. While she writing that she was home on a notepad in the kitchen, a pair of hands wrapped around her waist and she smiled. "You're home." He whispers in her ear. She drops the pen and leans into his embrace. Nodding, Emily turns her body to him. "I am, but I am really tired. I am hungover. I need to go to bed." He leans down and kisses her lightly. He caresses her hips and he leans back glancing over her. "I'm glad you're home." He kisses her one more time before going back upstairs and climbing back into bed with his wife. 

Emily came downstairs the next morning around 9am. She wasn't supposed to get back to working until the next day so she didn't get up early like normal. She entered the kitchen and nobody was in there but everything left over from breakfast was sitting on the counter. Sighing, she threw her hair into a ponytail and started cleaning the kitchen. The phone rang, and she leaned over picking it up. "Hotchner house." She rolled her eyes when it was just a marketer. Putting the phone back on the hook, she finished putting the dishes away and went back upstairs to take a shower. Halfway through her shower, the front door opened and closes. She shut off the water and quickly dried herself off. Stopping in the mirror, she looked at herself and focused on her belly. She hadn't thought about the baby she lost in awhile. She let out a sigh and wrapped her towel around her body tightly. Emily threw on her leggings and a tank top before picking clothes up off the floor to clean up her room. Her door slowly opened and she heard a squeal. "Emmy!" Jack yells running into her room. Emily whips around and squats to catch him in her arms. She picks him up and hugs him tightly. "Oh I missed you sweetheart." She kissed his cheeks over and over. She heard footsteps coming up the stairs so she came to the doorway. Emily was taken aback when she saw Jessica coming up the stairs. She thought Haley was home with Jack. "Oh, good morning." Jessica said leaning forward to take Jack from her. Jack leaned closer to Emily and hooked his arms around her throat. She laughed and kissed his head. "I thought Jack was with Haley." Emily says prying him off her body to set him down. Her body was a little sore from the last run she pushed herself through on the last night. "He was, she needed to do some Christmas shopping done." Emily frowned. She completely forgot about Christmas. She had no idea if the Hotchner's would need her around. She also had no idea where her parents were stationed at the time. "Are you headed out? I can stay and watch Jack till my sister is home." Jessica offers but Emily quickly declines. She missed him too much. She put down Jack and followed him to his bedroom. They plopped down on the carpet and she began playing toys with him. 

Haley climbed the stairs slowly when she heard laughter of her nanny and child. "What is going on here?" She asks when she gets to Jack's room. The 2 were sitting under a blanket with a flashlight.  Jack popped his head out and smiled at his mom. "Emmy is home!" Emily crawled out of the fort and carefully stood up. "Jessica dropped him off. Even though I had the day off, I thought I might as well stay with him. " She smiled looking down at the little boy. Haley nodded and turned to see her husband come up behind her. "Emily. You're home." He says smiling at her. She smiles back and laughs internally. He knew she was home, obviously. He was putting on a show for Haley. "How about I cook some lunch for you 3?" He asks wrapping his arm around his wife and gives her a light kiss. "LUNCH!" Jack exclaimed climbing out of their fort. Haley shakes her head and says she would cook lunch. 

Later that evening Emily was putting Jack to bed when she heard Haley start to raise her voice. She pulled the covers over the little boy and turned on his white noise maker next to his bed. "Sleep tight my bug." She kissed his head lightly before leaving the room. Emily slowly made her way towards the couples bedroom. "Who is she, Aaron?" She hears Haley cry. The brunette drops dead in her tracks. "Nobody, Haley. It's only you." She heard the blond throw something and then she heard her fall into the wall because of her cries. "Baby.." Aaron said. Emily could hear shuffling. She quickly slipped into her bedroom and stood by the door to wait for movement. When she heard footsteps in the hallway, she left her room and saw him going down the stairs. She followed him down and he grabbed his scotch from the cabinet. She leaned against the island and looked at him with sad eyes. "She found your underwear in my pocket of my jeans." She looked down and tapped her toe on the floor letting out a deep sigh. "I told you this was stupid of us. I knew we shouldn't have." She whispers harshly. He shook his head and just laughed. "I've felt more alive with you than I have in my entire marriage." He takes a big swig and lets his head fall back. 

Haley sat on her bed crying. She never thought Aaron would cheat on her. They had rough patches but she never thought he would go outside their marriage. She glanced at the underwear she threw on the ground and cried harder. There was no going back from this. He cheated on her and had a gift from it.