Counting Down The Days

The next day I called Julian first thing in the morning. I told him it was urgent and finally convinced him to come right after breakfast.

He was sitting on my desk chair playing with my electric guitar, waiting for me to start the conversation. He didn't press me to talk, just played with the strings with a funny look. Juls was a laid back person, people usually think he's high all the time but there's a big story behind his personality. It's not that simple.

"Is it something bad?" He asked with a smile.

"I-I don't know, I think it is but not for me." I said as I looked down to my feet.

"What did you do, man?" He giggled, he was very excited. He probably thought I robbed a bank or something.

"I want to say it but I get nervous! You know me!" I exclaimed, fidgeting with the neck of my shirt. Suddenly the whole room felt beyond hot.

"Okay, okay, don't stress yourself." He said with the same smile. "What if I count to three and you just say it?"

It was honestly a good a idea, it was easier to do it quickly, straight to the point. I nodded my head with my eyes on him. "Do it."

"Okay, get ready." He said holding back his laugh. He was enjoying my state of panic. "One..."

Shit...

"Two..."

Stop, please stop... You're gonna hate me...

"Three!"

"I kissed Mister Turner!" I screamed.

My hands covered my face in fear. I honestly felt really brave but scared at the same time, not because I didn't trust Julian, I was just afraid he might scream at me or get mad. Alex told me our "realtionship" wasn't or couldn't be normal, maybe Julian thought the same and I was very scared of that. He was my best friend, yes, but he was still part of society, a very weird part but still.

I heard Julian abruptly stand up from the chair and kneel in front of me, both of his hands moved to each side of my arms. "Shit Mi, your mom's downstairs, she can hear us," he whispered.

"Fuck, I forgot about that..." I sighed, still covering my face.

"Okay Mi, don't be silly, why are you hiding? Are you embarrassed?" He asked surprised, like I could never feel something like that in front of him.

"N-No?" I said and let my hands fall to my lap. "I was just scared you would freak out."

"Bro, I am freaking out but in a good way. These are good fucking news, right?" He cheered.

"Yeah? I mean, yeah."

"So what?" He asked and I looked at him confused.

"How did it happen? I can't even believe it." He laughed. He was still kneeling in front of me, his hands were on my knees and his eyes were looking up at me, full of genuine interest.

Julian was an amazing friend, how did I ever think he could judge me? He was obviously gonna feel happy for me! This is what I've wanted since forever and he knew it, he's heard me talking about it for years. God, if I ever go touring around the world I'm taking him with me, I need him. He's the most unique guy out there, I would never find someone remotely alike.

"Well, it happened on thursday..." I started.

For the next hour I told him everything, every detail of what happened with Alex since my confession. He was so into the story he only made surprised noises or faces. It was funny and it honestly felt awesome, like the anxiety that was eating me on the inside finally stopped.