Book 1 - The Beginning

Chapter One:

I felt the tree branches smack against my face as I ran towards her. She wore a white battered dress and had serene eyes. Her skin seemed to glow in the midst the night too. "Come on" she had a slight accent sounded Mexican but I couldn't be sure. She was so beautiful. She had long stringy black hair that reminded me of a rain forest. "Where are we going" I said. Then the scene changed there was no rain and there was sunlight. I pulled my hair from my face and stood in awe. Everything was so beautiful. The grass was healthy, the trees were to. The sky was bluer and the clouds shone with whiteness. There was a castle on the hill just behind her. I walked up to her and she grabbed my hand and stared in my eyes. "Who are you" I asked. "You silly" she said. She reminded me of an angel. "What is all this" "I wouldn't expect you to remember but this is our home." "Home" I gave her a question mark look. I dusted off my jeans and sat down by the pond next to her. "This is..." "Eden!" The girl giggled then vanished and so did everything until it was just blackness. I sleepily opened my eyes to the hiding sunlight from my window curtains then sat up right in my bed. I figured it was one of her early mornings. "What have I told you about leaving this room a mess?" My mom walked petite like over clothes and books and other nick-knacks 'til she found herself at my bed. She breathed out and I gave her my I'm so innocent look. She cracked a smile and we laughed. "Don't play with me child" she kissed my forehead. "I want this room together before Saturday okay." I nodded "what's going on Saturday oh yeah Aunt Haven and Grandma Keli is coming over right." "Yes and you know Haven loves to be nosy." I sighed and looked around my room. Okay so I had to bag up dirty and clean clothes, straighten my dresser and sweep. Yeah that won't be hard.

After cleaning my room I took a shower and towel dried my hair. When I looked in the mirror I thought I saw the girl standing next to me. We did look like each other. I blinked and she was gone. I combed out the tangles of my look like rain drenched hair and through on a black tank top that stopped above my belly, my jean caprice and black high tops. I applied lip gloss and well I didn't need make up I was one of those girls that looked as if they were born with it. I grabbed my duffel bag and headed out. "Mom I'm off" "okay dear." I walked to school four days a week and on Friday my boyfriend Vindele would get his car and take me to and fro. I walked to Madison High which wasn't that far from my house and up the steps to the door. Before I touched the door a familiar arm grabbed my waist pulling me into the arms of a familiar wall of muscle and cookies. "Hi Vinnie" "Hi Ede" he kissed my hand and turned me around to face him. I hugged him and he locked his hands around my waist. "How are you" he asked. "Good and you" "awesome." He took my hand and we walked in the school. Vindele was tall, he was brown skinned. He was a wrestler and basket ball player and such a gentleman. "You coming to my game Saturday" he asked looking ahead. "Yeah oh wait I don't know what time is it" "10 to 12:45" we stopped at my locker and I exchanged my things. "Um I don't know I have my Aunt Haven and grandma coming over." He nodded then I stopped and stood in front of him. My mouth flopped open "that's the same day as the dance" the team had beat the schools record and they were to host a dance. "Okay don't freak out when I get home I'll find out when they're coming." I breathed out and he lifted my chin up so he could look in my eyes. He cracked a grin and shook his head. "Don't worry about it come on let's get to class." He hugged my shoulders and walked me to first period.

Chapter Two:

After school Vinnie drove me down to an ice cream shop and we got some milk shakes and a small cup of sherbet. "Oh this is my mom" I slid the answer bar on the screen and put the phone to my ear. "Hello" "Eden how are you is everything okay" "Yes mom what's up I'm with Vindele" "Oh tell him I said hi" "I will" "I was just checking on you see you when you get home." I clicked the phone off and clipped it back on my jeans. "Everything okay" he said taking a spoon of my sherbet. "Yeah my mom was just checking on me which is weird because she knows I'm always with you mostly after school." "Parents are just worry freaks" I shrugged. "Hey can I come over tonight" I gave him my curious look "my dad and mom booked a hotel and I'm at the house ever so lonely" "why can't I just come over there" "because my house isn't nearly as exciting as yours." "Yeah sure but we're sleeping on the couch." "Fine" I rolled my eyes play fully and we walked out of the shop.