Chapter 11: The Trio

Jason yawned as he tossed his suitcase into his truck. He rubbed his eyes and looked out to the horizon, where the light of the rising sun was just barely starting to show itself.

"Alright! Aspen! Noah! Ellie! Let's go! We got a two hour drive to the venue and we still gotta officially sign up, so no more wasting time!" Jason shouted to his Pokemon.

Aspen was the first to join Jason's side, shortly joined by Noah and Ellie. After discovering that the two Vulpixes were brother and sister, Jason gave Noah and Ellie a blue and pink silk scarf to identify their genders and help him tell them apart.

"There you are guys. Get in the car and let's go. Candies and Star Dusts are in your seats. Let's go." Jason said, closing the trunk and opening the doors for his Pokemon.

As the Pokemon jumped into their seats, Ellie and Noah in the back, Aspen up in the passenger seat, Jason closed and locked up his house. He shut all the doors before getting in the driver's seat and hitting the road.

"Eat up, guys. Breakfast is there. Have the Candies and Star Dust afterwards." Jason instructed as he buckled himself in.

"Ee-vuh!"

"Pix-ee!"

"Pix-eee!"

As Jason set out onto the highway, sipping his water bottle, he glanced at Aspen.

"I was doing some research last night and found out that the Candies combined with the Star Dust aren't just food. They Level Up Pokemon." Jason exclaimed.

"Ee-vuh? Eee?" Aspen asked.

"Level Up. It makes you stronger. Your attacks more powerful. You can sustain more damage and battle and keep on going." Jason quickly summarized.

"Ee-vuhhh." Aspen nodded slowly.

"Pix-ee!" Noah exclaimed, eating his breakfast quickly. Ellie savored her food as she contemplated this.

"How much have you been talking with Noah and Ellie?" Jason asked Aspen.

"Ee." Aspen answered in a tone that Jason liked.

"Do you all get along okay?" Jason asked.

All three of them answered in the positive. Jason nodded.

"Good. You all are going to be a team. You'll have each other's backs. But we're all more than just a team, we're family. We're friends now.

"I have no intentions of giving any of you up, which means we're all in this together. Okay?"

All three answered in the positive again, much more enthusiastic this time. Jason smiled.

"Good."

***

Pan yawned, sitting across from Carlos as they ate their breakfast. Carlos chuckled a bit.

"What?" Pan asked with a humorous raise of her eyebrow. Carlos smiled.

"What're you all tired for?" He asked. Pan rolled her eyes.

"I got off late from work last night, like I already told you. I do not enjoy driving at night, especially at midnight." She said, sipping her drink.

"Lightweight." Carlos mocked. Pan scoffed.

"Shut up." She said with a chuckle. Carlos chuckled a bit as well, glancing out the window of the lobby.

"Hey, isn't Jason's car?" Carlos asked. The two of them looked out. There was Jason, bobbing his head to music as he pulled around and into the parking lot.