The Fax

NEW YORK CITY,

13TH JULY, 2123,

1:30 am.

          New York City Harbor,

Athena took the digital and clicked a picture of that creepy thing, and waited for that wicked creature to make its first move. It kept walking. The streets were empty. Silence was observed all around. Athena was shocked to see that 10 minutes had passed and yet no military personal had attacked it. For a second, she even thought that the curfew might have been taken back. But, still her mind wasn’t ready to except the fact. She had to take her chances. Bad or good, they were her only way out. And suddenly, that creature stopped walking, as she saw through the window of the room which she was in. Before making any move she thought, ‘What if I don’t make it through this crap?’ She thought for a while and finally came up with the idea of using a fax machine.

Now this will look a bit weird, but, A79 Q Fax machine could send faxes across time and space. This is the 22nd century. Today’s world is totally advanced and have moved to a great height. Scientists, astronomers, archaeologists, biologists and many people have created many more advanced machinery, the people of 21st century could hardly imagine. This fax machine was one of their creations.

She decided to send someone a fax, showing them, what she was facing, and what they were going to face. But, the only problem was that whom to send this. All the people whom she knew and cared for were dead and others had betrayed her, and the left over were turned into shitty zombie things. She scratched her head and laughed at her own foolishness of sending a fax. According to her, she was the only armed human alive in this city, who had guns to fight. Rest of the city was totally hostile to her.

Meanwhile, after standing for a while that creepy inhuman turned its direction, straight into the building in which Athena was present. It was walking slowly, taking deep breaths. Athena had no idea about this. She was pretty busy in thinking to whom to send the fax. The creature reached 1st floor, where Athena’s was present. Its body seemed to be too heavy. It was just dragging its legs to move forward. After a couple of steps, he reached near the room’s door.

Athena still couldn’t find any way and thought, ‘If I don’t have any one in this city to help me, I better try out sending it to someone outside New York City. Oh, but, I don’t have the fax number of any of my friends. Oh God, I am trapped. Wait. Wait. Wait a sec. I have the fax number of one person. Me. I can send it to myself in the past so sort out the things. Oh yeah, that will be a good move. She could help me out to find a way from this Hell. But, will she believe in what I say?’and she hears a knock on the door. She knew, she was the only human alive out here. ‘Then, who else know to knock the door like humans?’ she thought.

She pulled out a shot gun from her bag sack and pointed towards the door the door. The knocking sound was still coming. She pointed the shot gun on the door and made a clear shot. There became a small hole in the door. Still the knock didn’t stop. She immediately came to knew that the person out there was inhuman, zero level of sensation. With every step forward, she could feel the terror in the knocking and suddenly, the window panel came in her sight. She thought for a second that it might be that weird thing which was walking on the road. She went towards the window, and her guess came out to be true. That creep was missing. Now, she knew who she was facing outside the door and with full enthusiasm she marched towards the door and stopped 2 steps away from the door knob. She took out her cell and texted her friend about her recent stats. It seemed that the person was now interested in banging the door, rather than knocking. She leaned forward to open the door. Took her right hand toward the knob, turned it around and bang. She fired the gun.

NEW YORK CITY,

13TH JULY, 2123,

1.15 AM.

Hudson River,

Rain seemed to be pouring along the coasts of Hudson River. Storm was in its full speed. Mist was all around. Nothing was visible far-off distances. River was flowing with its full intensity. Waves were hitting the shores as if they would tear it apart. Clouds were all over, and it seemed that they were the visitors of not less than 3-4 days. Streets had started flooding. Sewers were overflowing. Neither an animal nor a human was visible on the streets.

In the midst of all this, a man came out from a shop. He had a book in his hand. He started walking down the street. His walk seemed to be pretty fast. He had worn a hood and the hood’s cap had covered his face. He also wore full jeans and the sleeves were fully stretched. He kept the book inside the hood to protect it from rain, and walked pretty fast along the coast.

And suddenly, a phone rang. He checked his cell; there was no connectivity, so no chance that it would ring. He looked around in the darkness and saw a local phone ringing. He was very confused to pick it up or not, but still. He gave it a shot. He ran towards the phone which was located ahead of the street. He reached there, and picked the call.

‘So, Elena, you are alive.’ The caller said surprisingly.

Without having any conversation Elena kept the call and ran from there. In the hood no one could identify her. From far it seemed that a man walked. She was an expert in disguised identities. Only her face was visible through her clothes, as she had almost covered herself. She had cat eyes, brown in color. Her face nearly matched to a top Hollywood actress, perfectly toned. Usually beautiful woman are rather not that interested in fights and all, and prefer to stay away from dark. She was the exact opposite case. She just loved action, thrill and adventure. But, the night today had really crossed her limits of adventure. She was running with fright, but, the phone again started ringing. She didn’t show any damn interest in the call and ran along the coast. Now, she couldn’t hear the ring.

Just after taking few moments of sigh and relief, new problem arrived. Her cell started ringing. She knew it must be him. She neglected the call and kept on running, till she could reach the Light House. After 2 minutes, the ring stopped. She took a long breath and stopped. The light house was clearly visible to her. And again she felt the vibration and ring of her cell. But, this time the cell showed 1 NEW MESSAGE. Sheopened it. It read as: Hey, Elena, it’s Athena. I need your help. I think I am trapped here and there is some sort of visitor at my door. I’ll handle it, but I need you. Track down my CDK Code Signal and find me as soon as possible. As there are many more such things out there.

Elena immediately took out the CDK Tracker and entered Athena’s Code 67A1993UN. And she was shocked to see where she was. Athena was right next to her, in a building. But, she just looked around to see, whether no one was tracking her and she saw a huge mob coming in her direction from the Light House end. This was the warning to run. She ran to the apartment in front of her, were Athena was present, and as she reached 1st floor she saw a dead man knocking a door. The door suddenly opened, and bang. A bullet came and struck straight into that creep’s forehead and blood spilled all along the door step. Elena was now more terrified than ever. But, from the door a girl peeped out. It was Athena. Elena felt so happy to see her. As soon as she saw her, she ran towards Athena and they shared a tight hug.

‘It’s good to see you back, Elena. But, I didn’t expect you to arrive so early.’ Athena said surprisingly.

‘I was down there when, I got your message. And the tracker showed that you were here. By the way, that was a good blow out there.’

‘Yeah, so found any survivors?’

‘No, Athena. He tracked me down till here.’ Elena said. She had started to shiver. The fear of Horror was completely seen in Elena’s eyes.

‘That means he will arrive here any moment to welcome us. Wait. Wait. Goddamn it.’

‘What happened?’ Elena enquired with a lot of confusion on her face.

‘Elena, you are his plan.’ Athena exclaimed.

 ‘What? Me?’

‘Yeah, he knew that we would meet some day. And he kept tracking you down. You were his easiest way to get to me. We need to send the fax fast.’

‘Athena?’ Elena called he out sweetly, completely ignoring her statement about the fax.

‘Say dear.’ Athena replied in the same tone.

                ‘I am infected.’ Elena said crying.