Toy trains and trophies

(A/N: I am neeeeew here so you can gimme constructive criticism)

Cecil liked visiting his family, of course. Everyone does. Other than Steve Carlsberg, he enjoyed their company. And he enjoyed their company, especially Janice's. So Carlos didn't understand why Cecil was so distant. Steve and Abby were sitting at the table, and Carlos had been talking to them. Cecil was sitting on the couch, and Janice was on the floor, setting up a fake town like the ones you see in Christmas displays. There were tall buildings and townhouses and a store, and she was setting up a train track around it. Cecil wasn't joining in, but was rather sitting on the couch, looking distant.

Cecil finally got to his feet, and stumbled away from the living room. "I-I need to use the bathroom," he said as an excuse. Janice shrugged and continued with what she was doing. Carlos fretted, debating over whether or not to follow him. Cecil didn't stutter a lot.

Apparently the universe made his decision for him. Something fell in the other room, and of course Carlos got to his feet first. "Er, I left my phone," he said lamely. He gave Janice an apologetic look and walked swiftly towards the noise. "If I'm lucky, that's just the faceless old woman," he muttered, not believing his own words.

He opened the door to the guest room first. He guessed right. Cecil's arm was draped over the side of the bed, where he was curled up and looking small. The thing that has fallen was a trophy. The trophy, in fact. Carlos should've been concerned, but the first thing he said was, "you brought that with you?"
Cecil didn't respond.
Carlos hurried over and picked it up from the floor. He sat on the edge of the bed and Cecil looked up. Cecil looked confused. "Carlos? But you? But the city-you were attacked-" Carlos shushed him.

"I'm okay Cecil. You're imagining things. You're at your sister's house. I'm fine." His fingers twitched. He wanted to reach up and touch that scar from the bowling alley. He didn't, because at the moment his boyfriend was having a breakdown. Cecil shook his head. "N-no, I got a n-note a-and you almost died-"
"Shhhh. Honey. That was years ago." Cecil blinked slowly and nodded his head. Carlos planted a kiss on top of his head. Cecil smiled.
"Neat," he said finally.

"You brought the trophy?" Carlos asked, now that Cecil wasn't so upset. He couldn't help it, he was curious. Scientifically, of corse. A scientist is always curious scientifically. It's never emotional.
"Of course I did!" Cecil sounded indignant. "Carlos, I bring it everywhere."
"But... why?"
"Because I love you, Carlos, and I want to remember that you're still alive." Carlos smiled.
"I love you too."

(A/n: I tried, so ye. It was a first try.)