Prologue

Unstable. That's how people described him. He was a ticking time bomb just waiting to go off. Maybe if you hadn't noticed him, you would still be alive.

>-~•~-<

RIIIINGGG

You jolted up at the sound with a massive headache. Loud sounds caused you to have headaches from a recent accident that had just occurred not long ago. It was a car crash, causing you to hit your head and lose some of your memories. And since then, loud sounds caused a throbbing pain to occur.

You started to pack up for lunch, your friend, (F/n), came up to you as she slung an arm around your shoulder, as a worried expression crossed her face. (F/n) took care of you ever since she found out about the accident.
She came running into the hospital crying and sobbing, as she asked for your room number. She never left your side anymore, she basically lived with you. You were grateful for her company, she was just like an older sister to you.

"Man, today has been a long day!" She said, trying to get your mind off of your throbbing head. You looked at her and smiled. "We're not even halfway done with the day." You chuckled. "I bet you were sleeping the entire time."

(F/n) huffed and crossed her arms. "I wasn't't sleeping! I was just resting my eyes.." She yelled softly, trying not to cause you more pain. You laughed, "Uh huh, I'll let you borrow my notes." You said as you looked forward, smiling.

"See, this is why we're friends!" She exclaimed, causing you to wince slightly, but resumed listening. "I sleep during the day, while you give me your notes! It's a win-win situation." You sweat dropped. "What do I get out of it..?" You asked, slightly laughing. (F/n) waved it off. "Let's just get to the cafeteria."

As you entered the cafeteria, (F/n) noticed your discomfort.
"(Y/n).. you can always eat in the teachers lounge.." You shook your head, wanting to sit with your friends. As you made your way through the crowd of shouting students, you noticed a boy sitting alone.

'Oh.. that's Ichijo Kurowa. He's in one of my classes. He doesn't talk much though.' You thought. He had dark black hair, almost as dark as the midnight sky, and he had deep blue eyes which reminded you of the sea. He always seemed lost, like a kid who lost his mother at the amusement park.

You told (F/n) that she can go on without you. She gave a confused expression but shrugged, letting you go on. You walked up to Ichijo, which he didn't't seem to notice until you sat in front of him. He stared at you with wide-eyes.
You did a closed-eyed smile. "Hello! I'm (Y/n) (L/n). You're Ichijo Kurowa, am i correct?"

He didn't say anything, he was probably too stunned to do anything because no one ever talked to him. After he noticed that he never responded, he slowly nodded to gesture that you were correct.

From the awkward silence, you decided to come up with an interesting topic. "D-do you like food?"
You mentally face palmed. You were very awkward when it came to speaking to strangers. Ichijo just continued to stare into your (e/c) orbs as you panicked. "A-ah! I mean.. What's your name?"

You internally screamed. "A-ah! Forget I said anything!" You stuttered out, scattering to get your stuff but it ended up falling on the ground. You cried on the inside, you wish (F/n) was here to make things not awkward.

As you were picking up your stuff, Ichijo just sat there, watching your every move. You felt the intense gaze on your back but you brushed it off. As you were done picking up your stuff, you bowed deeply.

"I apologize for my stupidity!" you practically yelled at him, wincing in pain as you did so. When you stood up, Ichijo was no where to be found.

>-~•~-<

682 words