One Month Left

~The next day~

Selena's POV:

The glistening sun creeped through the little slots of my curtains and blinded me. I suddenly woke up to the repeating sound of the alarm. 'BEEP BEEP BEEP BE-' my hand slammed it. I got up slowly from my warm toasty bed, and drew the curtains open. The birds from my window flew south together, into the rising beam of light. The warmth of the golden star made me smile. I stretch my hands in the air, and head to my closet to get changed. I scroll through my hangers of dresses and outfits, there's a lot to wear. But which one?  I grab a red knee length dress with black tights.

"This should do." I get dressed. 

After getting into my dress, I walk over to my mirror and grabbed my red hair brush. I pull my hair tie off my ponytail, and slowly brush through my long loose curls. The smell of mama's cooking slid through the gap of the door, and I immediately recognised the scent. Tortilla De Patatas, which is a spanish potato omelet. She was the best cook in the town, everyone loved her food. After putting on some of my favourite clear pink lip gloss, I was out the door. I started quickly running down the stairs heading to the lounge. As I entered the lounge room, I could see mama placing the food on the table, with some apple juice on the side. 

"Hey mama!" I give her a kiss on the cheek. 

"Hey princess" She hugs me. "You're up nice and early!".

I took a short glance at my watch '7:25 am'.

"Wow, it is early. I thought I was late! Well at least there won't be that much traffic " I laugh.

"Okay well eat up, you don't want your food getting cold eh?" Mum insisted.

I sat down at the table with mama, and we begin eating. Papa was still sleeping, he must enjoy the sleep in today. He has a day off from work today, at the office. He's an author. He writes about how the world could be a better place, fantasies and mysteries, love and sadness. I read his books, I think they are amazing. It's like I can teleport into a whole new world when I start reading them, like I'm actually in the pages. They're like my only escape from my troubles, and without them I wouldn't know what to do. 

"Selena?" Mum snaps her fingers at me.

"Huh? Uh yeah mama?" I jump back to reality.

"Are you okay mi amore?" Mum seemed worried.

"Yeah, I am. Just thinking."

"About what?"

"Dad's stories and how they give me hopes and dreams." 

"Your papa is a good writer. I remember when I first met him, he used to write me letters and poetry" Mum visions the past.

"Papa was a poet writer too?!" I drink my apple juice.

"Yes! He was the best to me" Mum smiled.

"Wow...I wish I could write like him someday" I sigh.

Mum gets up and takes the empty plates. I give her a hand by taking the cups and cutleries. 

"Thanks little sunshine" Mum smiles gently, and pinches my cheek softly.

"No problem. Well I got to go to school! Thanks for the food, see you after!" I grab my school bag and lunch for the day. I walk out the door, feeling confident and positive. The cool fresh breeze is nice, just the right temperature. I begin walking, with my earphones plugged in my phone. My school is about 10 minutes away, so I walk there and back. I swipe through my songs and play 'Como La flor' by Selena Quintanilla. Selena is a beautiful Brazilian singer, who sadly passed away way to young. March 31, 1995 was the date she passed away. She was only 23 years old. Every time I hear her songs it makes me angry. Not because of her, not at all. But the reason she died, and how she didn't deserve it.  They say that Saldivar who was hired by Selena murdered her, how tragic. Her own worker accused the murder! 

 As time passed I reached school. I took a look at the time, '7:25 am'. School starts at 8:30, so I have a lot of time to talk with Maria :) 

"Hey there beautiful. Nice dress!" And this is Drake. The most popular guy in school, all the girls fall for him. Not me. Black hair, dark eyes and earrings on both lobes. He's the type of guy that takes his comb, gel and mirror to school every day. Every 10 minutes he would go to the bathroom and style up his hair, because it was "messy". He always tries to draw my attention to him, never works.

 He always tries to draw my attention to him, never works

"Thanks" I mutter and walk pass him.

"Hey, hey what's the rush?" He smiles walking with me.

"Nothing Drake. Now if you excuse me, I have to meet someone."

"Is this a guy? Oh! That's why you're all dressed up, and beautiful as always."

"No, just a friend." I look back at him and walk off.

He stands there looking blank.

"Okay well I'll-" I cut him off by closing the entrance door. 

I see Maria a few metres across the hallway and shout her name out.

"Maria!" She looks at me.

"Selena!" We run towards each other.

"I thought you were going to be here by 7:40? And wow! That dress is amazing!" Maria was wearing a blue and green dress, which looked stunning on her.

"Awe thanks Maria! You look great! Well I bumped into someone..." 

"Ooh Selena a guy?!" 

"Yeah..."

"YOU HAVE A SECRET BOYFRIEND?"

"No Maria, that's nonsense! It was-"

"Oh! HIM! Ugh that guy!" 

"Exactly!" We walk round the building chatting and laughing. 

Hi everyone! This is the end of chapter 2! Hope you all loved it, please don't forget to LIKE, COMMENT, and VOTE! God bless you all and have an amazing day! Remember if you're not smiling you're doing it wrong! (NOTICE: PICTURES USED IN MY BOOK AREN'T MINE. THANKS!) :)