A Birthday To Remember

The air is Shiny as you step up to the front doors of the Hidden Fortress. You're still a little bit nervous, so you dig into your pocket to look at the invitation one more time.

It reads in Midnight Blue, Calibri font:

You are cordially invited to a soiree hosted by Benedict Cumberbatch to celebrate Wattpad's official birthday party. Dancing, snacking and chocolate covered crickets will be plentiful. We do hope to see your lazy face there. November 22nd, 2016 at the witching hour. Please dress in your best brogues and don't forget your devil's trap for the present swap!

You take a deep breath and are about to walk inside, when the door suddenly swings with a clank.

You're surprised to see Aziz Ansari standing there in the flesh, all salty and brisk. You're not sure if you have the courage to talk to them right now, so you scurry inside like a(n) octopus and join the party, making a mental note to drum up a conversation with them later on over candy necklaces.

Once inside, the party takes your breath away. Everyone is already adventuring wildly on the dancefloor.

Born to Run plays loudly from the speakers and you can't help but do the robot. You had always shipped E.T and Percy Jackson so you're not entirely surprised to see them bamboozling together in the corner. Anne Rice and PipSqueeks88 are having a rap battle in the centre of the room, while several Sherlocks are gushing over the latest update of My Wattpad Love on their phones.

The whole atmosphere is electric. It looks like Middle Earth on Tatooine in the middle of Groundhog Day and you can't imagine anything better.

"Happy Birthday, Wattpad," you say with a smile, "Here's to another 10 years!"