the keys

Matt woke up, rubbing his eyes. His  head was hazy, he opened his eyes, to discover he was in his dressing room at Wembley arena. Looking across the room, he could see James...that explained it. Matt smiled and sat up, yawning. He'd been with James for a few months, and he couldn't have been happier. Though everything is top secret, the only people who knew were each other and their manager.

Tonight, the last night of the spring 'A ticket for everyone' tour, was the night they were supposed to be telling everyone about their relationship. Finally admiting to the rumours that they'd brushed off with a "hah- we're not gay".

Matt gently shook James to wake him up, and kissed him lightly. "C'mon. Fletch will be wondering...". They both knew that Fletch didn't exactly approve of their relationship, and was worried about the fans finding out. He cared deeply for the boys and their happiness, but he knew that their fellow management team would worry about the marketing, and that a sweet relationship between two people in the same band could send the press into a frenzy.

Matt pushed the door. It didn't open. He turned to James. "James, where's the keys?" he asked sleepily.

"Huh?"

"The keys, James. For the door."

"Keys?" said James, still half-asleep.

"Yes James, the little metal things that open the door."

Something in James' mind made him suddenly awake. "Uh...Matt?"

"Yeah?"

"I think...don't you remember last night? You said we should 'accidentally' loose the keys so we could spend all day locked in your room. Like it says on the MasterCard advert."

"What?"

"You know, not coming out of your room for 24 hours...just us for 24 hours....doing stuff-"

"Yeah, I know that, but I don't remember telling you to loose the keys! that's not a sex thing! people don't do that! Why would I want to do that?"

"I think we might have been a bit pissed."

"A bit?" to Matt, one drink can quickly turn into ten. "We need to find the keys. Think. Where did you put them?"

"Matt...um....I...I flushed them." James said, blushing, slightly giggling. 

The night was coming back to Matt now. Passion, alcohol, and complete madness.

***

Half an hour later, the toilet was being pulled apart by Matt, James at his side saying "its hopeless, C'mon, lets just get Fletch!"

"And tell him what? We were so horny that we wanted to be locked in the same room for a whole day? Oh that'll really go down well!"

As Matt spoke, there was a knock at the door. "Matt? Have you seen James?"

James shook his head violently.

"Erm...no..."

"If you see him, tell him to come for a sound check. In fact, you'd better come as well."

Matt froze.

"Is there a problem?" asked Fletch.

"Um.....no."

"Matt, I'm coming in". The boys shot looks to each other, still sat with Matt's arm in the toilet "Matt? Could you unlock your door?"

"Uh...Fletch....there's something I think I should tell you"

"What is it Matt?"

Matt groaned. He knew he'd have to tell Fletch. He ignored James, who was grabbing at his arm and calling his name.

"Um...James kind of flushed the keys down the toilet because we wanted to stay in our room all day and have sex - and now were locked in."

That was when Matt realized why James had been pulling him. He had found the keys. Being as drunk as they were, James had dropped the keys next to the toilet rather than flushing them. Oops.