Chapter 6: Dear Diary

Dear Diary,

I know I haven't talked to you in a while. I hope you're doing well. Dan and I have just been so busy with the release of our new book (The Amazing Book Is Not On Fire), performing our live stage show for all our amazing fans, and keeping up with YouTube, that I just never got the chance to write to you. Please forgive me. I'm home alone right now because Dan ran off somewhere, and Sarah got in her car to go look for him. I know, you're probably really confused, so let me fill you in on what's been going on in my life lately.

Yes, I have a girlfriend. Her name is Sarah and she is seriously the best. She is sweet, funny, and she loves and supports everything I do. We started talking on Twitter, and then we started talking on Skype for a while. I eventually flew to Chicago to visit her and tell her that I wanted her to move in with me. I knew that things were moving pretty quickly, but I couldn't help myself. I loved Sarah more than I've ever loved anyone. Even more than I loved Dan.

Speaking of Dan, I've been quite worried about him lately. He seems off. He's been very distant from Sarah and I. He always avoids us, as if he doesn't like us or something. For example, tonight he just ran out of the apartment! I'm not sure where he could have gone. He left his phone and everything here, so I have no way of getting in touch with him, and he has no money on him. I hope Sarah finds him. I couldn't imagine my life without Dan.

I can't help but blame myself. I must've done something wrong to upset him. I kissed him on the cheek as a joke at the dining table while we were eating our Thanksgiving dinner (Sarah conviced us to try out this new holiday. It felt stange at first, but it turned out to be really sweet! Why do us Englanders always miss out on everything?). I had no idea he was going to just run off like that. I'm also not sure why he blushed so hard. Could it be because he likes me?

No. No that's impossible. I tell myself this over and over again.

Dan will never like me like that. I shut those feelings off a long time ago. I'm in love with Sarah now.

I'm going to watch some T.V. and try to calm down. Gosh, I hope Dan is okay.

Talk to you soon,

Phil