BlackPink Pt. 1

Black Pink (: 블랙핑크), often stylized as BLACKPINK or BLΛƆKPIИK, is a South Korean formed by . The group consists of four members: Jisoo, Jennie, Rosé and Lisa. They officially debuted on August 8, 2016 with the single album

With promotional preparation beginning in 2012, revealed the final line-up and name of the group on June 29, 2016. Blackpink is the first girl group to debut under YG Entertainment in seven years. They debuted with the single album Square One on August 8, 2016. "Boombayah" was produced by and co-written with . Their music video was directed by Seo Hyun-seung. The second title track was the "minimal hip hop track""Whistle", which was produced by Teddy Park and Future Bounce, and written by Teddy Park and Bekuh BOOM.

Their debut singles hit number one on the Billboard World Digital Songs chart and the fastest act to do so, and only the third Korean artist to hold the top two positions after Psy and Big Bang. "Whistle" topped the digital, download, streaming and mobile chart of Gaon Chart of August 2016. They also reached number one on the weekly, popularity, music video, and K-pop music video chart of China's biggest music-streaming website . Blackpink's first music show performance was aired on August 14, 2016 on 's . Their win in Inkigayo broke the record for girl group with the shortest time to win on a music program after debut (14 days). They wrapped up their promotions for Square One on September 11, 2016 with another win on Inkigayo.

Blackpink released their second single album Square Two with the lead singles "Playing with Fire" and "Stay" on November 1, 2016. The songs are similarly produced by Teddy with R.Tee and Seo Won Jin. They performed their comeback stage in SBS on November 6 and in on November 10, 2016. "Playing with Fire" was their second single to hit number one on the Billboards World Digital Songs Charts.