4

Michael's POV

After that one day that Annabeth came into my cabin, we started to hang out. I'll admit right off the back. I have feelings for Annabeth. Strong feelings I might add. I think she does as well. I never met Percy Jackson, but I know that I LOATHE him.

Everybody in Camp loved Percy. They still do even though he died. Everybody expects me to be just as good as him. Percy was apparently kind and loyal. He never complained. Sounds like a perfect child. Also, I wanted Annabeth. Her boy friend may have died, but it is clear that she loves him so much that after he died, she still dreams of their future.

"Michael!" I hear Annabeth call my name. I smile and head over to her.

"Hey Annabeth," I respond hugging her. We talk for a few minutes, before I get the guts to ask her THE question. "Uh Annabeth. So I've been thinking."

She interrupted me. "You! Thinking? Never." I laughed nervously.

"Anyways, we've been hanging out a lot lately, and I'm not gonna lie, I like you. I was just wondering if you want to be my, you know..."

Apparently she did know. Annabeth considered for a moment. "Okay," she said finally. "I'll be your girlfriend."

"REALLY?!" I asked shocked. Annabeth smiled then nodded. "Sweet." I wanted to lean in and kiss her right then and there, but I wanted to ask first. "Could I, you know, kiss you?" Annabeth laughed.

"Of course, Michael." She seemed so relaxed. I smiled then grabbed the back of her head and pulled her lips to mine. We stay there for a moment. She smiles slightly against my lips. Yay! She really does like me. I pull her away and we laugh. Suddenly she stops. "You really do look like Percy," she says frowning. I frown at the mention of my brother. "Not you hair or eyes, but everything else. Percy had black hair. Your hair is brown. He had sea green eyes, yours are sea blue." Huh. She really isn't over my brother. "Don't worry Michael. It's fine. It's a god thing!" Annabeth said happily. I wasn't so convinced. She said I was a lot like Percy. From the stories I hear, Percy is nice to everyone even when he is frustrated. I kind of... I don't know. Go ballistic.

I take Annabeth by the arm and we begin to walk along the beach. We smile and talk. Suddenly, she gasps.

"What is it?" I ask nervously. She shakes her head.

"Nothing. It must have been a trick of the light," she says. I know she saw something, but I won't pressure her.

"Hey Annabeth?" I ask. She looks up at me. "Am I allowed to call you Wise Girl... you know, like Percy did." Annabeth's actions became slow and painful.

"Sorry, but no," she says uncomfortably. I wonder why. As if sh ereads my mind, she continues. "It's not that I don't think you aren't good enough. It's just, well, after Percy died, no one ever calls me Wise Girl. That was our thing. Just like I called him Seaweed Brain. You know?" I really didn't but I nodded anyways. "Can we not talk about that? It's a touchy subject." I nod. I ask her about her years before I came and her family. Both were touchy to her. I couldn't see why, but what ever. I know she will crack eventually. Later on, we head back to dinner. Annabeth burns food for the gods, and blue chocolate chip cookies for Percy. Why can't she love me that way?

Annabeth's POV

I was walking back from the stables and saw Michael. He had a strange grin on his face.

"Michael!" I called. He waved me over. We talked a little before Michael finally asked me the big girl friend question. He couldn't for the words, but I knew what he meant. Personally, I wasn't really ready for another boy friend, but I didn't want to lose Michael. Also, Percy had told me to move on. So I was. I accepted hesitantly and the he asked if he could kiss me! I was shocked, I'll admit, but I was curious to see if his lips were like Percy's. Of course, nobody's lips could be as perfect as Percy's, but I tried anyways. We had a medium length kiss. Half-way through, I saw Percy's spirit behind Michael smiling sadly.

Percy's hair was a mangled black mess. His eyes gleamed with happiness, and tears. I noticed him starting to cry a little, but I couldn't help myself. I smiled against Michael's lips. Percy would always be there for me; dead, or alive.

Percy's POV

I had headed out of the Underworld today to see Annabeth. I headed to camp and when I got there, I saw her talking to my brother, Michael. It was great to have a brother, but Michael wasn't all that great. He was impatient, demanding, and annoying. I know he hasn't shown Annabeth that side of him yet, but if Annabeth was happy, so was I.

Michael asked Annabeth the girl friend question. I tried to send Annabeth a though. Move on. It must have hit her. She agreed, then Michael ASKED if he could kiss her. I smiled at his politeness. Then, they kissed. I saw Annabeth looking at Michael. I knew she immediately saw him as me and kissed him.

I stood behind Michael and hoped Annabeth would open her eyes. She did. When she looked up, she saw me and smiled. I was happy for her, yet sad that I couldn't be the one kissing her. I put on a smile, and it felt surprisingly real. Then, I felt my eyes well up, and I started to cry. Annabeth looked at me again and guilt filled her eyes. I shook my head no. She only nodded and began to head to the beach with Michael. I shook off the sadness. I would be there for Annabeth dead or alive. Now, I had to get home so that Nico didn't eat the blue chocolate chip cookies Annabeth burned for me.