Sutures: Book 3 (Danger for All)

"Come on, Veil!" I called up the stairs as I stood at the door. "Don't wanna miss your first hunt, do ya?"
Veil came stomping down the stairs quickly, her heels clacking on the wooden steps, a thick black veil trashing over her covered her face. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" she chanted. She stopped in front of me and bowed. "Please forgive me. Monochrome hid my shoes, again."
I cracked a grin. "Calm down. You're fine. Just giving you a hard time." I opened the door for her. "After you."
She skipped outside and waited for me at the clearing, checking her purse for anything she forgot.
"Ready?" I asked her.
She snapped her bag shut. "Ready!"
I admired her her fashion, Lolita is what I think it was called, but with a gothic style with lots of black and dark purples. She was very beautiful under her veil, and her hair was done with great pride and effort to mimic a Victorian style. There was one thing that I didn't quite see in her.
"What is it like to be Slenderman's daughter?" I asked before I sliced open a portal.
She hooked her lace umbrella on her lace covered wrist. "Such that of any other Creepypasta, I would assume, but I was raised mostly in the Under Realm, where I was taught to control the powers I gained from my father. Then I am trained in the ways of a proxy, such as any other." She motioned to the portal. "Now, if you don't mind, I am quite excited to see the human world for the first time."
I attached my blades into their loop and pulled down my new signature mask before dropping into the portal.

POV- Veil
My mother was a demon who surrendered herself to my father solely in order to have me. She died at my birth. My power killed her, but she knew it would. I, like my father, was born with no face and eggshell skin with white hair and tendrils that were white were they connected at my body and darkened to a gray then black at the very tips. I was everything my father dreamed and more. I was his heir, to take his position in the Slendor Manor when I was ready.
I’m not sure where my idea for my whole Veil thing came from, but my father didn't take it lightly. I was not a proxy, as he told me thousands of times. I was a future operator to have proxies of my own. But he eventually got over it.
Another thing he never came to reason with was my style. I always had a thing for girly dresses of black and purple with petticoats. Then their was my bow obsession.
After 137 years, I have been allowed to join Splendorman's, my uncle's, household and perform my first kill.
Rikki taught me everything I needed to know to hunt, and once I was on the field, all of it left my head.
"Wait, I go for reds and oranges, right?" I asked. "What am I doing?"
Rikki placed a calming hand on my shoulder. "Stay close. I'll find you a nice kill."
Rikki held a charm that made us look normal to everyone except us, so we didn't seem out of place. I wondered what we would look like as the plain humans with minimal distinctions from everyone. So plain.
I nodded and walked close behind her, watching all of the people walk by. "What's wrong with them?" I asked.
"What do you mean?" She responded.
I frowned at the girl that walked past us. "They all are the same. Nothing to distinguish them. The only thing is different tones of skin, and even that is limited from pale to darker brown."
Patchwork laughed silently. "Trust me. If they met the whole family, they would ask why we were all so different."
We finally found a nice Purple Heart and led him into a darker alley that had a mural of Rikki's mask on one wall. Her alley. I won't get too much into detail, but I will say it was quite the struggle, and the final blow came from the point on the end of my umbrella. I smiled proudly as Rikki returned me to our home. At least I could smile.

I was about to open a portal when I got a sudden urge to go somewhere. I slice open a portal on the wall and stood back. "Go back to the manor. Tell the boys that I'll be home soon to make lunch," I told Veil.
She nodded. "Yes, ma'am. Thanks again," she said as she fell back into the portal and it closed behind her.
Once she was gone, I turned and began to make my way towards the city limits where one specific hotel was calling for me. I climbed up the fire escape to the sixth floor and sat on the rail, waiting for something I wasn't sure of. I finally got the courage to tap on the glass of the window, stained with an Anarchy symbol. After two minutes without an answer, I knocked again. After another few minutes, I opened the window, using one of my blades to pry it open, then climbed inside. Room six-six-six. I quickly noticed that the room was vacant with no signs of recent activity. Where did Tyler go?
I decided that since I was there, I might as well chill out for a little while, and remind the owner that this was the room of Satin, so I turned on the television and plopped onto the somewhat made bed.
I changed the channel onto the local news to see if by chance any of my kills would appear. I was definitely brought up, but not in the way I would have thought.
"The recent discovery of four adult men and one woman led to yet another discovery in the house. Many recall the disappearance of the local sweetheart, Rebecca Ann Henderson, from about three years ago. The police have found a large trace quantity of this young girl's blood at the scene. The police have reported to us directly that with the amount of blood found that belonged to the girl, there is no possible way she could have survived. We know what has happened to her, but still not certain as to where her body is," ranted the anchor woman.
I smirked. "Surprise, mother fucker. If only they knew," I told myself.
"We are here with the girl's mother to see what she has to say," said the anchor woman as the camera turned to none other than my mother. "Juliette, what do you have to say about this discovery?"
I watched intently as my mother, trying to hold back tears, spoke into the microphone. "All I have to say is that thanks to the investigation team, I know that her death was rather quick, but painful, and that I am happy she has not been... elsewhere, all this time."
A tear rolled down my face. My family never knew what happened?
i quickly shut off the tv and left.

"Welcome back, Miss Rikki," chimed Veil when I stepped through the door. "I assume you found what you were looking for?"
I shrugged, trying to keep a straight face. "Eh, more or less."
"Rikki's back!" yelled Mono. "Scales!"
I laughed as the two ran into the living room with smiles.
"Rikki, are you going to make your special macaroni and cheese?" asked Scales, his tail wagging excitedly.
I began to make my way to my room. "I don't know. I think I need to relax for a while," I told him, trying to stay upbeat.
"What?!" demanded Mono. "But you promised that you would. Please?"
The two boys stood shoulder to shoulder in front of my door with pleading eyes and folded hands. "Pretty please with ground beef and salsa?"
I laughed again. "Fine. I'll make my taco macaroni."
They cheered and ran off to most likely play on the X-Box. "Thanks, Rikki!"
I opened my door and stepped inside, followed by Veil. "Are you okay, Miss Patchwork?" she asked, full of concern. "Your temperature is in the yellow region. Are you mad?"
I gave her a quizzical look. "What do you mean? I'm fine." I told her.
She shook her head. "Pardon my bluntness, but between your high temperature and lie just now, there is in fact something wrong. Do you just not wish to tell me?"
I just looked at her.
"I assume you do not wish to tell me. Do you wish to tell our operator? Or Toby?" she asked. "From my limited knowledge, you and Toby are quite close, correct?"
I flipped her veil over her face, which only consisted of a mouth, and tugged her down in a teasing manor. "I don't need to talk to anyone. I just need some lax time. And yes, Toby and I are friends."
She uncovered her face. "If that is what you say, I will take it as truth. Do you need help in preparation in the mid-day meal, lunch?" she offered.
I shrugged. "Why not?"

"Lunch!" I called from the kitchen, causing the two boys to come running. They began to determine the bowls with the most taco-roni in it, then brought them to the dining room to the long empty table. Veil and I grabbed the last two and followed the boys.
"When do I get to go on my first hunt?" Asked Scales, his yellow and green slotted eyes big with youthful excitement.
Scales was only about nine, covered with leathery mint colored skin speckled with darker green scales, three small horns on either side of his head with a long thin tail. He was a bit of a sight, but once you get use to weird appearances, he is really cute, like a puppy.
"I don't know," I said honestly. "It's up to the big man with the polka dots."
He stuck out his lower lip and flicked his tongue. "But he's in the Under Realm for the next two weeks! Can you send him a message or something to ask him?"
I shook my head. "No can do, Scales. You can wait another two weeks."
"What about me?" asked Mono, who was about twelve, always wore this kind of old school paperboy outfit and the only colors that came from his skin and clothes were black, white, and gray. "Do you know when I get to go on my first hunt?"
"As I just said, I don't know. Unless you know how to get a message to the Under Realm that will get received by the big man in less than a week, you two are shit out of luck," I told him.
"I can-" said Veil, but was cut off.
"Come on. You're like the second in command. You have to know when we are suppose to go on our first hunts," argued Mono.
Scales shrunk down in his seat and shoved another spoonful of macaroni with Mexican cheese, beef, and salsa into his mouth. "I guess we can wait."
Veil straightened herself. "I'm from the Under Realm so I-"
Mono slammed a fist on the table. "We should be able to know when our first hunts are! It's not fair!"
"Lifes not fair, buddy!" I returned.
White tendrils with black tips shot out from Veils back and covered everyone's mouths. "Shut up!" she shouted, then retracted her tendrils and straightened her dress. "I know how to send a message to my uncle. I was raised in the Under Realm, after all, while my father controlled his manor." She pinched where her nose should have been. "I need some wine."
I laughed to myself as Veil disappeared to the basement, where Splendor hid the alcohol. A normal lunch for us. A boy brings up a topic that becomes an argument, and then either Veil or myself stop it and Veil gets a glass of wine.
After everything settled, we all went up to Veil's room, a dark room with large black lacy curtains blocking out any sunlight, and the only light came from floating candles around the room. Veil walked over to her bed and pulled out a black wood box from underneath. She opened the box to reveal a mirror inside.
"This is a mirror that connects to others who have one. My father gave it to me when the Slender Mansion first came to be so he could talk to me. It's like, what is that one phone application, FaceTime? Yeah." She turned to to the shelf on her wall and grabbed a vial with a dark hazy liquid and what looked like rainbow confetti. She handed me the mirror as she popped the cork of the vial and poured a drop on the mirror. The boys and I watched the glass of the mirror seemed to liquify and ripple. Once Veil returned the vial to the shelf, she took the mirror and swiped her finger across the ripples, forcing them to settle. We watched and waited for something to happen.
"I'm not sure if he took his mirror, but, knowing how you boys are, he took it," explained Veil.
After forty or so seconds, counted by Scales, the semi face of Splendorman appeared on the surface of the mirror.
"Hello, children. I nearly forgotten that Veil dear had a mirror. Is there a problem?" he asked, very nonchalant.
Veil held it up so we could all see. "Salut, uncle. I am terribly sorry for calling you during your trip, but the boys had a question that seemed to not be able to wait until your return."
I moved so he could see the boys better. "What was your question, boys?"
The boys were hesitant to answer, but Mono spoke up after a minute. "We were just wondering when we could go on our first hunts."
His face became a mix between anger and confusion. "Are you saying that you could not wait to know until I returned, and you have called me during my very important trip just to ask?" He looked directly at me. "Rikki, please yank their ears for me."
I reached for their ears and tugged firmly, pulling them upwards and holding them there for a few seconds before releasing my grip. "Yes, sir."
The boy rubbing their ears brought a smile to Slpendy's face. "Thank you, my dear. Now for your question." He seemed to shuffle through some papers then began to read one out loud. "Mono, you are able to go on your first hunt in two weeks, and Scales, you go in about a month."
The boys high-fived with their free hands and cheered.
"Now, I must make my leave. See you guys soon. Listen to Rikki. Rikki, wait! Did Veil do good on her hunt? Just so I can pass it on to her father."
"She did a great job," I said cheerfully. "She is a natural huntress."

I still couldn't get the thought out of my head. Where did Mallow Boy go? I mean seriously! I know I only knew him for like a few weeks, was it even that long, who knows, but I liked him. Well, he was staying at Toby's hideout. Maybe Toby...
No. Why would Toby do such a thing? He was too cool. He would never do that. Then again, Mallow Boy did send me into an ice cream overdose when he told me he hates me. What am I even thinking?! Maybe he just moved on to live somewhere else. It didn't really matter.
"Dammit!" I hissed as my blade sliced my finger. Note to self: don't sharpen my blades while I'm mad. I got up and went to find the first aid kit. Of course, Veil came to the rescue.
"Oh dear! Miss Rikki, are you okay?! How bad did you hurt yourself?!" she rambled.
I covered my hand and shoved past her. "I'm fine!" I hissed. "Just a cut."
I locked myself in the bathroom and washed off the blood to see a rather deep cut. My middle finger was going to need a few stitches. Band aids were not going to cut it, no pun intended. Neither would rubbing alcohol. I wrapped my finger in a wet washcloth and rushed back to my room, trying to find my serger kit. I would have to use my left hand, so this wasn't going to be pretty.
"Are you sure you don't need any assistance of any sorts?" asked Veil at my door, Scales glued to her hip. "Should I call for help from the other manor?"
I sterilized the needle I found, meaning that I wiped it on my jeans before threading it. "I got this under control."
Before the needle touched my skin, a thin tendril snatched it out of my hand and it ended up in the hands of Veil. "Miss Rikki, please reconsider my offer. I can not allow you to do something like stitch up your own hand while you are this stressed out!" She walked closer to me and snatched my hand and held it out with her extra appendages. She then sent Scales away and began to sew up the cut herself, then left only to return with a bandage roll. "I swear, sometimes you can be real stubborn. I don't understand why you are so against help."
Once my finger was wrapped up, I picked up my blade once again and began to sharpen it, only to have that too taken away. She began to sharpen both of my blades for me. "Look I can sharpen them myself."
She sneered at me and just continued. "I am helping. Just allow me to do so!"
Since when was Veil so angry? Since when was she capable of being angry? She has always been annoyingly helpful, but this is a bit much. "Are you okay Veil?"
"I'm fine Miss Rikki. I would only be concerned for yourself." She huffed and worked faster. "Just let me help you."
She promptly finished and left my blades on my desk and me alone in my room. I just sat on my bed quietly and looked around for something to do. I felt like I was put in time out. Then again, only the Slender brothers were in positions to do so. I mean, what the hell just happened?
I looked out the window and came up with a mental idea. Of course I'm not going to say. That's not how it works. You'll have to figure it out.

I went outside in my most human outfit, being jeans and a nice shirt with tennis shoes. I also grabbed Half and Halph before heading out to the backyard to the shed, where the house pet was found.
"Slendor Mutt! Here boy!" I chanted as I grabbed his leash off of the wall next to the door. "Wanna go for a walk?"
From behind the lawnmower, a growl rose, and a huge shadow shifted, its claws dragging on the wooden floor.
"Come on, ya fierce hound," I tried again, not wanting to drag him out. "We can get you a nice treat!"
As treats were life itself, Slendor Mutt pounced out of the shed and ran around me like a car doing donuts, his long dreadlock like fur flipped and flopped around his large body. By no means was he intimidating, just being a giant white mop, so I was allowed to take him to the human world.
I was able to attach him to his leash and opened up a portal.
"Where ya goin?" asked Scales, perched on his window sill. "I think Mutt went out the other day."
"I just need some fresh air," I respond, trying to get him off my back. "Now go play with Mono or something."
He began to climb down the rope ladder attached to his window. "You were the one that taught me how to tell lies." He pulled out a small throwing knife from his pocket once he touched the ground. "I see your heart darkened."
"I'm just going out to remember what it was like before the Creepypasta life," I said, though that wasn't going to be any more convincing as long as he had a weapon. I placed one foot through the portal. "I gotta go."
Before he could say any more, I was gone. I leaned against the wall of my alley and took a quick breath. He was gonna expose me. This is not how I should be reacting, but I can let him stop me. I placed my blades in Slendor Mutts fur, and they got tangled and absorbed into his moppy hair. He could hide a body in him then mop up the mess. It was like the man's best friend meets the best purse ever. I then began to walk towards the apartment building where the secret man cave thing was.
Knowing the staff hates the hotel room, and knowing that no one ever when inside, I was able to use Mutt to track down Mallow. I don't know why I wanted to find him so bad, but, I just did. Plus, there was nothing better to do in my boring life until Splendorman returned from his trip.
I searched high and low, but it seemed like Mallow boy cleaned the place head to toe before leaving. Then, Mutt began to huff at something under the bed. I bent down and reached for the small round object underneath. I looked down at the twenty sided purple die, like the kind found in RPGs. I held it out for Mutt to sniff, but all he did was slowly stick out his tongue. "I guess you can't track Mallow with this, huh?"
I shrugged with frustration, then got my blades back from Mutt, opening up a rift back to the manor, before I stepped through, I tossed the die over my shoulder. I stuck one foot in, and Mutt started flipping out. As a reflex, I yanked out Half and Halph and stood ready. "What is it, boy?"
I peered over Mutt to see him growling and snapping at the die, which was now glowing brightly and expanding. I got around the furry hippo and blocked him from the die. "Go home, Mutt!"
Mutt left my side and leapt through the portal on the wall, the portal closing behind him. I watched in horror as the die grew to the size of a basketball, several of the sides opening up like a hatch. The inside glowed dully dark purple, a pale hand emerging from within, reaching out and grabbing for the carpet. I was paralyzed with fear as the rest of the body was dragged out. A tall male figure, with a body similar to that of the Slendor brothers, emerged in a violet vest with a lavender dress shirt under, black collar and cuffs. An arm reached again into the die and pulled out a long cane.
I watched from the edge of the room as the large die was placed where his head should have been, floating just above the clean open wound on the top of his neck. The figure stood straight and folded its hands nicely over the die on the staff.
“What are the odds of meeting you here?” questioned an upbeat male voice, seeming to emanate from the figure. “If my memory recalls correctly, you are Rikki. Your face has a differing appearance from how it was described to me, but your features are not too drastically changed.”
“How do you know who I am?” I growled. “And who are you?”
“How do I know who you are? Well let's just say my previous owner ranted on and on about you. Everyday, Rikki this, Rikki that. A pain in my arse that was. But I now see that he has left me behind. I guess I’ll have to familiarize myself with you.” The die head tilted up and down, as if he was looking me up and down. “You’re on the shorter side, but ,then again, all humans are.”
I held out my weapons, aiming one at his chest, and the other at his floating head. “Who are you! Are you one of us? Are you a-”
“A scary spaghetti? I remember Tyler telling me that was what he called it at first. Hysterical. But, in a technical manor, yes. I am, for the sake of simplicity, a creepy pasta, not unlike yourself.” He looked me up and down again. “You’re a bit scrawny, aren’t you?”
He leaned a bit closer, allowing me to swing at his head. The die went flying off, temporarily distracting him. “Oh, um, oh-how rude! The incompetence!”
Before he could say anymore, I tore a portal and jumped through, ending up safely at the Splendor Manor. I didn’t stop to catch my breath, but ran for the manor, locking up any and all entrances. Mutt had found his way to Veil’s room and hid.
“What’s going on?” asked Scales curiously. “Are we playing lock Mono out of the house, again? I love this game! I’ll help!”
Mono slunk out of his room, looking like he just up from a long nap. “Hey, Lizard Breath! News flash, I’m inside.”
“What’s going on?” pleaded Veil, as she led a very scared looking Mutt out of her room. “Did something bad happen on your walk? Why is Mutt so upset?”
I closed the blinds in the living room, quickly darkening the room. “No time. Lock down the house! This is no drill, and this is no minor threat!”