Sometimes you just need some sweetness in your life

I slam my hand down on my alarm clock, the beeping annoying me.
"Jus' like fi'e more minu....s" I mumble to no one, slipping back asleep.

BEEP BEEP BEEP

"I'M AWAKE! I'M AWAKE" I shout as I blot upright in bed, I rub my eyes and shake my head, I needed to open up shop. I turn my alarm off to go get ready for the morning.

I hum softly as I pull my hair up into a bun, my green eyes focusing on my movements. Once I'm done I quickly put some light pink lip gloss on and grab my wallet and keys before heading out the door.

~line break!~

The sun is just peaking from the rooftops as I walk into my shop, the smell of sweets washing over my senses. No drama, just sugar and candy, that's what I call a good morning. I turn on the lights and open the blinds as the first rays of sun flood in, dancing over the shelves of goodies.

Ding

The bell to the door goes off and none other then my best and only worker walks in.
"Morning Cass" Chris says with a bright smile, walking to the kitchen where our sweet making takes place.
"Morning!" I say happily, making sure all our candy buckets are fully stocked. "Can you get working on more Chocolate Frogs and some Fizzy Wiz Bees?" I ask, filling the Jelly Belly bins up with the according flavors.
"I'm on it Cass" he says, slipping his apron on and disappearing into the back, most likely to get the ingredients. Once I double check everything is in order and the counters are wiped down I go into the cozy kitten space, decorations and chocolates filling up almost the entire room, this is definitely my favorite area of the store.
"Beep beep" Chris says teasingly as I move out of his way, two large sacks in his arms, one sugar bag and the other flour, two of the many ingredients in our chocolate. I giggle and start to prepare the cooling rack and the other tools we use to make our treats.

'This is my Fight Song' blasts through our kitchen, me and Chris laughing and dancing as we work, a perfect morning in my opinion.
"THIS IS MY FIGHT SONG! TAKE BACK MY LIFE SONG! PROVE IM ALRIGHT SOOOOOONG~!" we yells horribly off key, but it doesn't matter, we're having fun. After an hour of bad singing and sweet making we finally open our doors to the public.

I wipe the blue cloth over the counter for the one hundredth time today, not much has been going on.

Ding

I look up, just a few kids walking in with their parents. I sigh and lean against the cash register, I guess I was wishing that it would be Kyle.... Whoa, slow your run there Cass, you just meet the guy, and your not exactly looking for a relationship at the moment. I shake my head and let a smile play on my lips as I help the small family pick out some chocolates.

~a timeskip shows up! Author~Chan uses apologise!~

Chris is in the kitchen, cleaning up the messy work space well I'm out in the shop, cleaning up any spilled treats that kids may have dropped, you would be quite surprised how many are actually dropped. Ding! I look up and see Kyle walk in, a bright smile forms on my lips.
"Hello Kyle, what can I get for you?" I ask as I just finish up.
"I wanted about five more Chocolate Frogs.... My sister really enjoyed the one she had yesterday so she wanted more" he says rather shyly, I nod and walk back behind the counter, placing the treats in a small box.
"That would be 4.75" I say and he hands me a five dollar bill, I quickly ring up the order and hand him the box of chocolates "here you go, I hope your sister enjoys them..." My words trail off when our hands brush each other, a rose red blush forms on my cheeks and I quickly pull my hands away.
"Uh- thank you" he says with a heart-fluttering smile. Wait! What! Cass you need to snap out of it! He is just a customer. I wave to him as he leaves, my eyes trailing after his retreating figure.
"So, that Kyle guy is pretty cute" I whip around to be met with a smirking Chris.
"Well- I- uh...." I stutter, trying to get any words from my mouth, making Chris chuckle lightly.
"Don't worry boo, my lips are sealed, don't worry about it" he flashes a sideways smirk and ruffles my hair lightly before going back to cleaning up.

I couldn't be falling for Kyle... Could I?

Word count: 806