Chapter 1~ Pain

"Pain, without love

Pain, I can't get enough

Pain, I like it rough

'Cause I'd rather feel pain than nothing at all

Your sick of feeling numb

Your not the only one

I'll take you by the hand

And I'll show you a world that you can understand

This life is filled with hurt

When happiness doesn't work

Trust me and take my hand

When the lights go out you will understand"

~ Pain, Three Days Grace

Chapter 1~

***£ouis***

"Um, are you going to just stand there staring at me?" Harry's deep voice brings me out of the trance I was in.

"Oh I..um.Yeah.. Well..I was just.. I was lost in thought. Sorry," Harry smiles slightly and chuckles,"Well, we wouldn't want anyone to think you like me or anything. Right?" I force a smile on my face. Not wanting the epitome of beauty to know that, in fact I DO like him. All I want to do I run my fingers through those soft-looking curls and stare into those mesmerizing orbs. Is that too much to ask for? Probably.

We start walking through the house and I notice that it is oddly quiet. Usually there would be maids running around, or something. Right? I decide against asking Harry, it could be a sore subject. I know I wouldn't want to talk about my family.

Going up a giant silver, spiral staircase; Harry and I arrive at a large white door, at the end of a long hallway, with HAROLD in shiny gold lettering.

I chuckle.

"What?" Harry asks, mid-opening the door.

"So your full name really is Harold." He looks down at the floor and I feel instant guilt.

"No one called me that, except my mum." Sadness and regret fill his eyes, and instinctively I wrap my arms around the vulnerable boy. Harry puts his head in between my neck and shoulder. His shoulders start to shake and I realize that Harry is crying, and I hold him tighter.

Then he abruptly gets up,"We should start working." His words sounded almost cold. When he got up I felt a little empty, like a part of me just up and left. Not wanting to continue brooding, I follow him into the room, IT'S HUGE! Probably thrice the size of mine and the girls' room put together. He has a king sized white bed, a baby grand piano, Gibson guitars lining one of the walls, a couple violins and violas, a drum set, bongos, a keyboard, and a small raised stage on the wall opposite to his bed. Well no doubt now that he is fucking rich!

Harry pulls out two notebooks from a small desk and hands one to me. I thank him and try to control my blushing. He sits at the piano and I sit on a bean bag tucked away in the corner of the room.

"So, I was thinking that maybe we should each write one song. It seems like it would be faster that way." I nod, not trusting my mouth to not say something stupid. Harry starts playing a random melody and humming lightly. I however have nothing! Not a single idea on what to do! Do I write about Harry? No that would make it obvious that I like him. But then again, he is all I think about lately. After about two very unproductive hours of basically silence, I thank Harry for inviting me and leave. We decided that we would meet every Monday and Friday