Chapter 20

Hermione

Draco shifted and hissed in pain. I carefully sat up and looked at him. Blood was slowly seeping through his hospital gown.

I jumped of the bed with a terrified expression.

"Draco! What happened?!" I shrieked.

"It's okay, Mione," he muttered.

I rushed to the cupboard and grabbed bandages. I went back to Draco.

"Take off your gown," I ordered.

"Mione, I'm not wearing anything under this," he replied.

"Use the blanket for your lower half. I don't want you bleeding to death," I snapped.

He refused so I glared at him. It was such a dirty look he made me turn around and slipped his gown off. When he was done I turned back around and gasped at the deep gashes in his body.

Only one wound was bleeding so I carefully wrapped the bandage around him.

"I'm going to put pressure on it so it stops bleeding. It might hurt," I told him.

He nodded so I put my hands on his chest and lightly pushed. His jaw clenched and his hands turned to fists.

After about two minutes the bleeding stopped so I released my hands. Draco relaxed and I kissed his forehead.

I looked at the clock and it said nine thirty. I started to pace nervously.

"Theo will be here soon. Theo will be here soon," I repeated over and over.

I ran a hand through my hair and pulled lightly. I was terrified.

"Hermione," Draco groaned, "I'm okay."

I ignored him and continued to pace.

Draco

About five minutes after I said that Theo walked in the door. Hermione rushed up to him.

"Draco... blood.... his chest..." she sputtered quickly.

The rest of her words were forgotten when she fainted. Theo quickly caught her and laid her in the bed next to me.

"What happened?" He asked.

"When I woke up my chest was bleeding. Hermione rushed out of the bed and went completely panicked. She kept her mind strait enough to put a bandage on it but after she started pacing and repeating about how you will be here soon," I explained.

"Stress," Theo replied. "Too much stress with this just made her snap."

"She knew what she was doing still. She made my chest stop bleeding," I said.

"Speaking of which we need to get that bandage off," he told me.

I nodded but before I could even think anything else he ripped it off. I kept in most of the sound. He started muttering healing spells on the wound.

Theo finished and handed me my gown.

"Put it on before she wakes up," he told me.

I nodded and slipped it over my head.

"Thanks," I muttered.

Theo plopped down in a chair.

"How long till I leave?" I asked.

"When you can walk and the wounds scab," Theo replied. "Or at least someone comes to pick you up."

Hermione shifted a bit before being completely motionless. The only movement from her was the steady rising and falling of her chest.

"You hungry?" Theo asked.

"Yeah," I replied.

"I'll be back in five," he said, walking out the door.

I looked at Hermione. She was peaceful. I slowly ran a hand through her hair and expected her to react. She was still. I frowned when she didn't budge. I poked her face. No reaction.

I huffed and laid back on the bed. Theo walked back in and set the food at the foot of my bed.

"Rennervate," he said with his wand pointed towards Hermione.

Her eyes fluttered open and she blinked a few times.

"What happened?" She groaned.

"You fainted," I replied.

"Mmm," she replied. "How's your chest?"

"Fine," I muttered.

Theo put the food in my lap.

"Eat," he ordered before putting another in Hermione's lap. "Eat."

"Where did you get the other one?" I asked.

"You were talking for like, five minutes," Theo replied.

We heard familiar voices from outside.

"I'm going to see my son," mum said firmly.

"Hermione, get off the bed," I whispered.

She practically jumped off the bed and Theo stood up. Mum practically burst through the door.

"Draco! What happened?!" She shrieked.

Mum ran up to me and engulfed me in a hug.

"I just got the news! How did this happen?!"

"Mum, breathe," I told her.

She released me and glared.

I sighed.

"On the mission I was hit with sectumsempra," I muttered.

"What?! You could have died!" She yelled.

Hermione made a light strangled sound and I knew why.

"I wouldn't let that happen," I told her.

"I can't believe the hospital didn't inform me sooner," mum said before turning to Theo. "Can I take them home?"

"Do you know simple healing charms?" Theo asked.

"Yes."

"Do you know the body bind?" He continued.

"Yes."

"And can you withstand emergency situations?" He finished.

"Yes."

"Then you may take him home. Just be aware that you may need to act under emergency situations," Theo stated.

"Alright then, let's go home," I cut in.

"You take Hermione, and me and Draco will be at your house in twenty minutes," Theo said.

Mum nodded, grabbed Hermione's hand, and apparated. I looked at Theo.

"Twenty minutes?" I asked.

"We have to get your potions, chart, and you have to floo. That and you can't walk so I'll have to get you a wheelchair," he told me.

"Alright," I muttered.

He left the room and it was at least ten minutes before he came back with a plastic bag of stuff and a wheelchair.

"I'm going to move you to the chair," he told me.

I nodded so he lifted me into the chair and slipped the bag on the handle. He pushed me to the fireplace.