22: Meeting You... Again

Irene's POV

We headed off to the police station to show them the letter. Jungkook was speeding and I didn't want him to get caught, otherwise we would be behind the bars with Taehyung. Then none of us could prove Taehyung innocent, and I don't want to have a police record. I mean I'm eighteen and I have so much life to live.

We reached the police station and stopped abruptly. I glared at Jungkook while he had his innocent bunny smile plastered on his face.

"Yah, you wanna get smacked?" I yelled at him, trying to threaten him.

"Noona, you look awfully cute like that." He said smirking.

"W-w-what???" I was confused. He suddenly burst out laughing.

"I thought you were smart Noona. You should've seen your face!" He was dying of laughter while my face was firetruck red.

"Let's just go..." I said quietly and a little sad.

"Sorry Noona. I love youuuuu. Don't be mad at me pleaseee?"

"Shut up Kookie."

"You love me!" He said happily skipping towards the building.

We opened the door to the police station, letting us inhale the scent of anxiety and depression. Everyone looked stressed and like they wanted to end their lives. They must hate their job.

"Excuse me," Jungkook started. "Can we speak to the officer who brought Kim Taehyung her by any chance?" He said being as polite as he could. He was really awkwardly shy though because it was a female officer who had junk in her trunk.

She was such a pervert.

"Any time." She said seductively with a smirk on her face. Her eyes glanced upon me. "Oh, is she with you? Your sister?"

Her tone completely changed. She was annoyed with my presence in the police station.

I was about to say 'Yes, I'm his sister. Got a problem??!!!' but Jungkook stopped me.

"No, she's just a good friend of mine." He said.

"Oh. Follow me."

She led us to one of the front desks, where we saw the officer who was glaring at Taehyung in the car. Yes, I know about the game they were playing. The game of envy. I just helped my favorite team win.

"Hello sir." I bowed.

He immediately stood up and bowed back.

"I-I-I wasn't expecting you to come so early regarding your boyfriend's case." He said depressed. This guy was super old for me, so I have no clue how he thought he had a chance to be in a relationship with me.

"We found proof, that shows Taehyung did the right thing by killing my father." I explained.

"We?" He asked with suspicion.

"Me, do you have a problem?" Jungkook butted in a little pissed that he wasn't helping in the way he wanted them to.

"N-n-no. Can you show me the proof... please?" He asked a little scared because Jungkook came out strong.

I handed him the letter. As he was reading, his eyes widdened.

"Who is K. J. S?"

"How do you think we're supposed to know? If we knew, we would've brought him with us. Do you think we're idiots?"

"S-s-sorry."

"Yah, stop scaring him. You're such a bully. Have mercy on him, he's a cop." I whispered into Jungkook's ear. He was pretending to be mean now.

"I'll call the number now..." He went and carefully dialed the phone.

After the phone call, a tall man came up behind us. He had wide shoulders, a beer belly, a stubble beard and was dressed in a nicely pressed suit.

"Hello Joohyun-ah. I'm your dad's 'friend'." He said putting air quotes around his words.

I was staring at him blankly, confused on how to react to him.

"Oh, sorry. My name is Kim Jung Soo. I'm the one who got your boyfriend out of jail with a bail on $30,000 for murdering a monster.

I turned and looked behind me to see Taehyung walking out of the cell, still confused on what was going on. He  looked up till his eyes met mine.

Tears filled his eyes, as well as mine. I ran into his arms.

"Are you okay? Did anything happen when I was in jail?" Taehyung asked, tightening his grasp around my petit body.

"Thank you." I said in his ear in between my sobs.

" For what?"

"For saving me from someone I didn't even know. A monster was living with me..." I cried.

He suddenly loosened his grip around me and was staring at something. I turned to see what he was looking at.

Jungkook and I were on the next level on confusion. Tears were forming in Taehyung's eyes and he had his hands in a fist of anger. Kim Jung Soo had a smirk on his face.

"It's been a long time, Kim. Tae. Hyung."