1.

Chapter 1.

New York was always so busy. The streets were rampant no matter the time. It still seemed to shock me now how bustling the streets were, New York truly was the city that never sleeps.

I had moved here six months ago from a small city near London. It was amazing how accustomed I was to this place already. The city I was from was no where near like this one. You just couldn't get bigger than New York, not in my eyes anyway.

It was almost ten o'clock and my friend and I were headed to the last club of the night; Gray. Apparently it was one of the hottest bars in New York. I hadn't been there yet, but I couldn't wait to get on that dance floor.

"I've got us a table booked." Cam's strong American accent flooded my ears. It felt so much like home now. Cam was the first friend I had met since I've been here and she was definitely my favourite. It probably helped that she was my room mate, too. We had gotten so close.

"Yay." I jumped excitedly in my seat. Cam laid a hand on my shoulder and I smiled at her sheepishly. "Sorry." I was always moving. Cam was so calm, relaxed and maybe a little uptight sometimes, especially in contrast to me. I was excitable, wild and so carefree yet Cam put up with me in ways some people could not.

"We're here." She stated as she smiled my way. I grabbed her hand and we both got out of the cab.

The air wasn't too bitter, infact, it was still pretty humid and muggy. I flattened out my blonde hair with my hands hoping it wouldn't curl like it usually did. I had spent ages trying to straighten my thick curls into somewhat of a style. It didn't help that Lucy was just not into beauty and fashion.

Cam had long brunette hair which was always extremely shiny and soft. I was envious of her hair. She had deep blue eyes and a casual look. She never cared about her appareance and she worked in marketing.

Somehow Cam got us through the doors pretty much straight away. The line of people were not impressed in the slightest but I didn't care. I couldn't wait to let my hair down.

"I'll get us the drinks." Cam shouted over the music. I nodded my head and walked to our table.

The club was bouncing and vibrating with music. The place was rammed with people dancing and drinking. I could tell this was one of the most popular clubs in the city and I could totally see why. Even the look of the place which was made of marble and glass screamed expensive and classy. I couldn't help but wonder how much the drinks would cost.

Minutes later Cam made her way towards us with more than two alcohol drinks in her hands. I took two glasses of alcohol from her and almost downed one the glasses in one go.

"Steady on now, tiger." Cam laughed as I wiped the vodka and coke from my lips. I picked up the second one and drank it a little more slowly this time.

"Drink your drink, we're going dancing." I stated. I gulped another sip from the glass before standing back up on my heels and pulling Cam towards the dance floor.

As soon as my heels touched the dance floor I was in my element. Dancing was my passion, I did it for a living. I was a dancing instructor and wanted to make it big, of course I did. I did all sorts of dancing and it was one way to let go of a lot of energy I possessed.

I grinded and moved along the dance floor. My hair started sticking to my forehead with sweat. It was so hot in here especially with the crowd of people around me.

Cam pulled me towards the bar and we drank some more. I was starting to feel a little tipsy, maybe even more so.

That pattern went on throughout the hours. We danced and then drank from bar. The alcohol was affecting me more than I liked to imagine.