Part 3 - Worrying

Octavia POV

As I'm in my tent with Lincoln, we hear a guard outside. "Heda" He says as Clarke calls out for us.

"Octavia, Lincoln, meet me in my tent when possible." After that Lincoln and I gather our clothes and head to Clarke's tent. As Lincoln and I enter Clarke's tent, we see her leaning over the war table looking over some maps. We take a step further and Clarke raises her head. "I was attacked." She says, and as I am about to bombard her with questions, she continues. "Here." She says while pointing to the map. I take a step closer and realize that's where Lexa is.

I look up as I hear Lincoln ask who attacked her and I hear Clarke sigh. "maun men" (Mountain men) She says, and I get a glimpse of her eyes before she looks back down at the maps. It's a look I have seen many times before in Grounders' eyes, but not Clarkes, or should I say Heda. It is a look of pure hatred, resentment, and rage. I gulp and take a step back looking at Lincoln.

"We should have been with you." Lincoln says as Clarke turns around with a stone, emotionless face. Lexa taught her well.

"I handled it, but one ran off when," She freezes for a bit, her mask falling for a split second, but then it's back in a blink of an eye. "I handled it, but one ran off while I was taking care of the other two." She corrects herself.

"Heda" We hear from outside her tent.

"Enter." She speaks in a cold voice as Ryder enters her tent.

"ai'm sorry gon interrupting heda, ba raven wishes kom speak kom okteivia. Em says em ste gon importance." (I'm sorry for interrupting commander, but raven wishes to speak to Octavia. She says it is of importance.) Ryder says and Clarke looks at me. I open my mouth to apologize but she stops me.

"No, It's fine O. Just, tell her I say hi, and keep me informed if I need to be." She says and I smile. She hasn't called me O since...

"Thank you, Clarke, and I will." I say and turn to exit the tent.

I don't know why Raven would request to talk to me while she knew I was with Clarke. We barely talk besides talking about how Clarke is or building plans. Soon I enter Raven's tent with Lincoln behind me. "I know babe, I'm just worried, and you know that I can't ask her directly, we're not as close as..." I hear Raven talking to someone.

"Octavia, Lincoln." She says as she sees us. I nod to Finn as he passes me to leave and I look at Raven curiously. She just shakes her head.

"I just wanted to ask you about Clarke. I saw her a couple of minutes ago and she, I don't know, she just had this look of determination and, I..." I interrupt her as I notice her discomfort.

"Raven, we were just talking to Clarke when your little messenger interrupted." The look on her face is one too familiar, but not on her. "Raven, are you scared of her?" I ask and she sighs.

"No, not of her." She says and I know what she's getting at.

"Heda." I say as she nods.

"Guys, I know Clarke has been, different, since everything, but you know she wouldn't hurt you guys. Both you, Abby, Bellamy, you are all her family." Lincoln says and we all nod.

"So, did she talk to you about, whatever happened?"

"Yeah, um, she said she got attacked. By Lexas' grave." I say and Raven put it together.

"Wait, I thought word got around that she was Heda. Who would..." She starts but then stopped.

"Yeah, she said that she took care of them, but one ran off. That's all we got before Ryder came in, but I'm confused as to why she didn't go after him. With everything that has happened, I wouldn't think she would just let him go."

"Why don't we head back to Clarke's tent and continue this conversation. Raven, I'm sure she wouldn't mind if you were there too." Lincoln says and Raven smiles.

We all head out of Raven's tent and head to Clarkes. But once we get there, she was gone. I look at Lincoln with worry and he puts a hand on the small of my back for comfort. Ryder enters the tent shortly after we do. "Heda left soon pas yu tu did." (Heda left soon after you two did.) He says, then continues in English as he realized Raven didn't speak Trigedasleng. "She said that she was going to clear he head." He finishes.

"You should have gone with her!" I nearly yell. I take a breath to speak softer. "She was attacked while she was out earlier." I explain to him and he straitens his stance.

"I was unaware of this information. I did request she not go alone, but Heda said she would be fine."