3 New Beginning

Shaw POV

It was a quite ride back to my place. I thought it would be a good ideal for Root to stay with me until we get her a new identity a permanent one. Fasco went back to the station to make sure his officers and detectives are doing their job. I turned to look at Root next to me, she was looking out the window like a child who lost their best friend.
"Root is everything okay, you haven't said anything since we left the hospital. Not even one flirty statement." I said hoping to get a small smile from her. From the look at it, it worked.
"Sorry sweetie, I was just thinking what's next for me. All I've done was kill people or helped the machine. I don't know what's left for me now." Root said with sadness in her eyes.
"Well first thing first Root, you are not alone, you have me and Fasco. And don't forget bear. Not to mention Finch is a phone call or video away. And about what to do. The machine is up and running, just like before we are taking numbers and all. The only thing is, we are not hiding. We also have new members, you will meet them later next week."
"Really, wow I missed a lot haven't I." Root said with a smile.
"Well u had a year of sleep, well needed sleep I." I said with a smirk. "Here we are." I said as we pulled into my dirt path. On both sides there are  oak trees. Further down there is was my nice quite cabin.

 Further down there is was my nice quite cabin

   "Wow Sameen nice place." Root said.
"Thanks it's home there is a pond a mile down, private if you want to go swimming." I said as I drove in the yard. Getting out the car I saw bear running towards Root.
"Hey there boy, I missed you too." Root said. She started laughing as bear licked her face. "Okay, bear let's go inside.
As root looked around I locked the door and turn on the secretary system. Even though Samaritan is offline and everyone who was apart of it is dead, you never could be to careful. I showed root her room she has her own bathroom so it would be a who shower first issue.
"Thanks sweetie, you didn't need to do this for me you know." Root said.
"Yeah I know I wanted to, I.... I care you know." I said in a low tone, not so low that she couldn't hear though.
"Aww, you care. I knew you had a thing for me. I mean that kiss we had, the hand holding and not to mention they moment we had before I left you doing the shoot out in the street. I thought I would lose you again." Root said as she went to grab my hand. I led her take it. God have I miss her. Her touch, her smile, her flirty moments. She is so strong and yet so beautiful. " Well you were the one that left me that time. When I heard... I.... I lost it. I....you...we...we were at a place in our life that I deep now wanted to be and more. Since Samaritan, since being held captive, since the kiss...its been you, I guess it always had." I looked at Root her eyes was locked on my lips and back at my eyes. "Okay root nothing to say now, no dirty remarks or...." I was interrupted by soft lips connected onto mines. I pulled back looked into her eyes, and I can see the want and hunger, I then reconnect our lips again picking her up and carrying her to my bedroom. It took me a while to see that Root was my home, is my home.