The room

A cold shudder runs down my spine as my eyes dart back and forth quickly, scanning the dark room for any sign of safety or.........danger. The room smelled of disuse. The smell of dried blood and dust hung thickly in the air. Desiccation and torture surrounded me.

Thin tendrils of moonlight stream through the cracked window, casting eerie shadows on the walls around me. As my shaking legs take me toward the window , I can't help but feel as though someone.....or something .....is following me.

Outside, I can hear the Autumn wind howling, like laughter taunting my panicked mind. Peeking out of the boarded window, the dim sky occupied by a bright moon illuminates a large gloomy forest beneath me.

Something brushes against my back. I turn, but there is nothing. Nothing I can see, that is. Shadows seem to swirl around my feet sucking me in, my heart pounds loudly against my chest and in a burst of panic , I reach out and fumble for a light switch, flipping it up and down frantically but the room remains immersed in darkness. My hands sweat profusely and my bones tremble from fear as I turn back to the darkness, pressing my back harshly against the wall.

My breathing becomes loud and ragged as I try to search the darkness, my mind switching thoughts and possibilities a billion miles per hour. A low, terribly soft laugh sounds in front of me, whipping my thoughts to a stand still. I try to back away but my body doesn't obey my command. My head slowly starts getting light headed as I notice I can't breathe. My eyes stay wide open as I suffocate, paralyzed and unable to do anything. The last thing I see before I pass out is the silhouette of a man with a crooked smile and beaming red eyes.

So that was my first short story, I hope you enjoyed it, I would really appreciate it if you voted, commented giving feedback and checked out my other stories :) thanks!