♛ Rebellion ♛

Full credit to writer

"Dad?" you walk up to your father, glancing at the other two business men chatting it up with him. You could instantly tell he really wanted the conversation to end. So much so, he perked at the sound of your voice and turned around to face you immediately. "(Y/n), what is it?"

Glancing at the two other men, you lick your lips and said, "Alfred needs you on something. Said something about the types of wine."

He smirks at you and nods, turns around and excuses himself, and stood right next to you. "A 'thank you' would be great."

Bruce chuckles and starts to walk, you right at his side. "Are you enjoying the party?"

You scoff. "As much as I can. All the people here are so boring. They all just talk about how rich they are, and how much 'they are friends with Wayne'," you say, voice imitating one of the men who actually said that. Bruce smiles. "I'll let you go out."

You beam at him and gasp, eyes widening, not really expecting the 'unless'.

"Unless it's just outside," at that, you sag once more, but an idea comes to you and you grin, nodding enthusiastically.

The cool breeze outside sends chills down your spine and goosebumps to rise, the dead leaves crunching under your white pumps, purple maroon dress flowing in the wind.

You throw your head back, stopping for a moment, and breathed deeply. The thick smell of cologne and expensive perfume flooded your nostrils when you were still in the gala, so being outside was refreshing.

You were at the back of the building, which had a garden, so you had decided to take a walk. You straighten up and continue walking, admiring all the flowers and stone statues.

The more you travelled into the garden, the more quiet it got and by now, you could hardly hear anything but the sound of wind and the fountain you were approaching. The fountain had a statue of cupid on the top, so you stared at it for a second before sitting down on the edge.

Your fingertips went under the water, but the sound of footsteps startled you. You sigh and bite your lip, expecting your father to be right behind you. "Dad, I haven't been out here very long. Just a few more minutes, please?"

"Your father isn't here right now," a soft nasally voice says behind you. You freeze and your eyes widened, hand stopped moving in the water.

You know that voice. It was the voice that you've heard oh-so-many times when you were keeping Batman in check, the voice you've heard on the television multiple times, the voice that haunts you in your dreams.

The voice of Joker.

You spin around in your place and almost let out a scream at how close he was to your face. The clown in front of you was grinning, silver teeth glinting under the light from the fountain, blue orbs hard and staring straight into your (e/c) ones.

"Joker. What are you doing here?" you ask firmly, after regaining your voice. He doesn't answer immediately, just narrows his eyes and smiles even wider, if that was even possible. "Oh, the usual. Taking all of your guests as hostage and demanding money."

You narrow your eyes back, fists now clenching. You take a deep breath and shut your eyes, calming your nerves. You reopen your eyes to see Joker a bit further away, but sitting right in front of you. "So, what? You gonna take me hostage or what?"

He shrugs, as if this was a totally normal conversation for him. "Maybe. Or maybe not."

"Why not go bother other galas? And stop going after my dad," you say snappily. He pouts and nods, a grin taking over his face again. "You see, little (Y/n), when I have an eye on something, or rather someone, I take it. No matter the consequences."