Part 2

The temple was dark, per usual. The once vacant throne currently seated a small figure. It sat with hands politely folded in it's lap.

Long, fitted robes tumbled to the base of the throne. The being's hood was drawn, masking it's face as it patiently awaited a much anticipated arrival.

It's gaze fell upon the basin, watching as the ripples suddenly stopped.

It was time.

Eyes wandered to the various maidens tending to glowing fungi used as decoration. Exotic mushrooms were just about the only vegetation able to thrive in the dim depths of Temple Celestia.

Some maidens bathed in nearby basins outside of the primary basin ahead of the throne.

It was common to see women lounging topless, as the body was not as sexualized as it was in the living realm.

'Our body is a temple.'

That's what the Omen said.

Finally rising from it's place on the throne, it lifted it's head to the gargantuan double doors etched from stone.

Upon descending down the steps, the being made it's way around the basin and toward the doors. The temple was huge and took a nice amount of time to make it from one area to the next.

The doors slowly pushed open from the other side. Sounds of stone on marble scraped as they made way for the newcomer.

The light beyond was interrupted by two guards holding a massive man by his arms. He was barely able to stand as they pulled him inside the temple's threshold.

They stood fast and when the being lifted it's hand, the guards gently released the man's arms allowing him to land on his knees.

When his body fell forward, he caught himself with wavering palms.

His shoulders shook, a common reaction when first entering this realm.

After making another gesture with it's hands, the cloaked being watched as the guards stepped back to the sides of the entrance, watching carefully. The cloaked-one's pace quickened, giving it the appearance of gliding across the floor.

Once it reached the brute, it stood before him, gazing down at him as he groaned in slight discomfort.

"Welcome, Umbra." The being spoke, a voice kind and soothing.

The beast allowed his eyes to wander up the strangers body, taking notice of her shadowed face.

"Don't worry. The nausea settles soon. You have taken quite a tedious trip. It is to be expected." She stepped back as the man heaved him self onto wobbly legs.

Once again, he towered over her, looming like a rickety structure. It was obvious he had a strong frame, but astral traveling took a lot out of any one, giving them the effect that they were weak or ill.

"Where am I?"

He mumbled and looked around the temple. Rows of pillars lined either side of the doors, making their way to the other end of the temple. They towered high enough that even he was forced to crane his neck to look up at them.

"You are in Celestia." She answered, watching as he drew his attention back to her.

She was tiny. It bewildered him that such a small creature ran a place like this.

Hands shaking, he rubbed his arms and his tail pulled across the floor to rest at his feet.

"What happened?" He swallowed, surprised his throat did not hurt.