Luke

I wait impatiently in the waiting room, bouncing my leg. Since we had the news of Robert waking up, I haven't been more happy. All I wanted to do was see him. I have his phone and charger with me because we don't know how much longer he'll be staying here.

I saw mum and dad walk out with tear filled eyes yet smiling faces. One of the nurses walked up to the group of teenagers I'm with. Some of Robert's friends and Ava came along, ready to see their best friend and boyfriend.

I'm ready to see my brother, too. The last time I saw him was a week ago, when he was still unconscious. I held his cold hand and talked to him, because I heard even though they're unconscious, they can still hear you. It was absolutely horrible seeing him like that, and even worse knowing I did that.

The nurse asked us,

"May I please have your names?"

"Ava."

"Ashley."

"Dominic."

"Jackson."

"Lisa."

"Luke."

"Great," the nurse said. "I'll go tell Robert." The nurse left, only to come back a minute later.

"He wants to see Lisa, Jackson, Dominic and Ashley first. You four need to be super quiet because I'm not really allowed to let more than two in at a time." the nurse winked at the four teens before leading them into the emergency rooms. Rob should be out of there by tomorrow, they probably just need to run a few tests on him.

~

"Okay, Luke and Ava, come with me." the nurse ordered, heading over to the doors. Ava and I followed behind her like lost puppies.

I could feel my heartbeat ringing in my ears. The nurse came to a halt at a curtain, and opened them. My breath hitched in my throat. There was Robert; with a bandage around his head - one side looking swollen, which must be where I hit him - and a tube that popped out of his lower arm. He smiled weakly at us.

"Hi, guys."

Ava was first to react. She went up to Robert and hugged him tightly.

"Not too tight.." Robert laughed. Ava let go, and Robert looked at me.

"Hi, Luke." he breathed out. I couldn't resist. Tears pricked at my eyes as I bolted to my brother, embracing him. I buried my head into his neck, and cried.

"I'm so sorry, Rob, for everything. I'm sorry for hitting on your girlfriend, I'm sorry for hitting you back, I'm sorry I'm the reason you're in hospital, I'm sorry I'm the reason you look like this. People at school give me glares or looks of pity and I hate it! I don't want people to feel bad for me, I don't want people to look at me like I'm from a different planet, or that I've yelled at a baby. I'm so sorry, Robert, this is all my fault!" I cried, and Robert lifted my head up by the chin, and looked straight into my eyes.

"It's okay, Luke, I forgive you," he wiped the tears that rolled down my cheeks. "but you're going to be sentimental to my relationship now right? That's all I ask."

I nodded frantically, sniffling every few seconds. I buried my head into the crook of Robert's neck again. I'm just happy he's okay.

~

"Hey, Rob, can I come see you today?" I asked over the phone. Robert's been taken out of the ER, and into a regular hospital room, but he won't be there for much longer because the doctors are almost done checking to see if he's okay to go.

"Yeah, I need company." Robert replied on the other end.

He's been in hospital for three days, four today - if you don't count the two weeks he was.. you know. I've done nothing but go see him until visitors have to leave, which is 7:00pm. I always bring something for him.

Honestly, I thought Robert would start getting sick of me coming all the time and staying with him, but he loves my company.

~

Robert let me hold his hand while I talked to him about my day. I got a little emotional with all the glares I received throughout the day, but Robert helped me calm down.

"So, how have you been?" I asked.

"The doctors said that I'm leaving either tonight or tomorrow, they just need to run some final tests on me." Robert smiled, squeezing my hand.

"That's great!" I exclaim. Soon Robert will be out of here and everything will be okay.

Rebecca walked into the room.

"Rob, we need to run those final tests now."

Robert nodded, and squeezed my hand.

"I'll see you later?"

"Yeah." I stood up and walked out of the room.

~

"Welcome to Starbucks, what can I get you?" the cashier at the counter asked me.

"Could I please get a peppermint mocha?"

"Is that all?"

"Yes."

I handed the cashier the money for the drink, told him my name, and sat down at a small table, waiting patiently for it to be ready.

"Peppermint latte for Luke?"

I stood up and took my drink, thanking the lady. I sat down at my table again and sipped on my drink silently. I was just scrolling through my Twitter feed, and a shadow cast over me, making me look up.

"Are you okay?" It was a girl.

She had tanned skin, freckles over her face and curly black hair that was pulled back into a classic ponytail.

"Yeah." I sighed.

"You sure? Or is a pout your resting face?"

I chuckled and so did she.

"Well, my brother is coming out of the hospital today, but I can't help but still think how bad I feel because.. I was the one that put him in there."

The girl pouted slightly.

"It's okay, has he forgiven you?"

"Yeah."

"Then don't be sad, my friend, life is too short to wallow in pity!"

I smiled.

"I'm Luke."

"Grace."

☆☆☆

hi guys new update in thE HOUSE

I've planned out half the story already so yay for me