Chapter 3 - Out of the shadows

The swarm of creatures kept gaining on us constantly although in the end we ran off into an  abandoned factory that was majorly destroyed. We slipped in and stayed still so that the creatures couldn't here us. They walked so close to us that we could see the scales on their body that shivered green in the light of the sun. We waited for about an hour just to be careful and to be safe. Once we were sure that they were no longer here, we rolled out from under the sheets of metal the hid us. I laid the blanket we found earlier out onto the floor spreading it evenly. Sam quickly leapt up onto it and curled himself up on a part of the blanket and the rest of us laid down earning the rest that we had deserved. I closed my eyes and thought of hat the world had come to.

'Isaac whispered to me. Joseph....Joseph!. I looked at him, his familiar blue eyes, soothing voice and short brown hair. He said to me; Do not trust the masked man!  I didn't understand anything he said but I was glad I got to see him. I saw another silhouette in the white background. He held a rifle and wore the same white gas mask as the other man. I walked slowly over to him but his image got fainter. He raised his rifle and fired. Everything went black as I saw a gaping wound in Isaac's back. I screamed and ran over, cradling him in my arms. I looked at the man as he slowly walked closer, now with two creatures at his side. I looked shocked and tried to move but something bound me together. The man then stopped, so bright, I couldn't look at him.He said to me that if I bothered trying to find him, he will cause harm to my new friends. I then saw him raise his rifle, touching the front of my head. He pulled the trigger and ... '

I sat upright on the spot both George and Antony aswell. Had they had the same dream? Surely not! I asked them and George told me he had a dream about the masked man killing his brother that he witnessed passing away on the day we will never forget. Antony told a similar story including the masked man and how he threatened to hurt his new friends as well. Maybe he had something to do with this event. Maybe he was the one we had to go after to find answers. We all agreed that we should set out and try find the creatures who might lead us to the man. Hopefully all our luck hadn't run out just yet.

We set out, Sam at my side, our heavy bags slumped over our shoulders and weapons ready to use in case we came across any more creatures. We stumbled and made our way through the shrubbery and longs strands of burnt grass. This world truly had become a total mess. Soon enough we found a pack of creatures which had decided to call the "Arachnids". They didn't seem to notice us as this time we made even less noise than the airport time. We looked at each other as the pack moved off, agreeing to pursue them. It took us thirty minutes roughly to find where the Arachnids were going. It was a run down hangar, in the middle of an abandoned air-strip. There he was! The man! The gas mask pulled tight on his face. The eyeholes were covered by a red material layer. He looked directly at us although we doubted he saw us. He then told the creatures in a strange language, similar to the one at the airport that attacked me spoke. Was he even human. He definitely didn't have four legs and scaly stretchy skin. He then did something really interesting. He pulled off his gas mask and smoothed back his golden hair. His red scaly eyes then focused on us and his large sharp mouth screamed a command as five of the creatures ran over to our position. They were so quick that we had no time to run! My eyes slowly closed as the creatures stood over me, arms wrapped around my neck !