First Night and Day

After dinner we all went upstairs to our dormitories I followed Susan and she told me all about the Castle. We walked in the opposite direction to the other houses the Gryffindors and Ravenclaws went up the moving stairs while the Slytherins headed down the steps to the dungeons we Hufflepuffs went down a corridor. We reached a wall  with a painting of a kitchen on one side and a load of barrels on the other. Our house prefect tapped on the middle barrel and in a rhythm. Susan told me that it was that you tap to the rhythm of 'Helga Hufflepuff' who was founder of Hufflepuff house. The barrels opened and we stepped into a large circular room which was made entirety from Gold. We were told that the girls dormitory was on the left and the boys dormitory was on the right. The dormitories were also made of gold. I chose the bed nearest to the window and I got the most amazing view. That night I was tossing and turning there was a few other new girls but really only 5. Some of them looked very friendly but others did not. I was nervous about the next day and I wanted my mum and dad. I don't know when or how but I eventually fell asleep. When I awoke the next morning I was excited to start my school day. 2 of the girls had already gone down so that left me and 3 others I decided to break the silence. "Um h-hell-llo many n-nam-me is Ch-Charlotte" I said "Hello Charlotte my name is Ali my real name is Alyssa but my friends call me Ali" one of them said, she had browny-Blondish colour hair with a white stripe. The other 2 were introduced as Jessica and Mariya (everyone called them Jess and Masha) the 2 that had gone downstairs were Sania and Chloe who liked to keep to themselves. We thankfully had an even number of girls in our house because everyone had their own friend Masha had Jess Chloe had Sania and I had Ali. I got introduced to loads of people on other houses. I met this girl called Bea who's real name was Beatrice-Rose who had made good friends with a girl called Luna. I shared most of my lessons with the Ravenclaws but had Herbology with the Gryffindors. In herbology I realised just how nice my head of house really was. I met some nice Gryffindors there was Ginny  who had friends in different years as well as Lynne, Katie and Martha who were neighbours and inseparable. I was glad to see that Storme was making friends she didn't have a best friend but was good friends with a girl called Poppy and Lexie who's real name was Alexandria. She was also friends with a girl called Abi. I finally met the Slytherins Gary had made friends with a guy called Bruno. Ali told me that a girl called Bethany (Beth) wanted to be in Hufflepuff to be with Chloe but the sorting hat had other ideas. Overall my first day has been good but over whelming.