Chapter 49 - "we're going out"

"Wifey," Grace sang into my ear, shocking me awake. I gasped, hitting out, and my hand came into contact with her side. She yelled out, hitting me back.

"It's your own fault for waking me up first thing in the morning," I pouted. "Leave me alone."

"No, we're going out," she said. "There's a party tonight and we need to get new clothes."

"But I have no money," I complained back, which was true. I'd spent most of my money of dance stuff for the cruise, and new Caribbean climate friendly clothes. "Unless I literally buy like a two dollar top and a cheap pair of jeans I'm screwed."

"No, I'll find you something that's nice and also cheap." She grabbed my hand and pulled me out of bed towards the dressing table, ready to do my makeup. She brushed a light, natural layer over my face, making me look alive and a little bit sparkly, but not over the top for a day out shopping. Then, she selected a comfy outfit for me to wear, one that I could change in and out of easily when I was trying on clothes, and pulled my hair into a high messy bun. By the time I was done, she was stood by the door, holding both her handbag and mine, and I grabbed mine from her as I left.

We decided on taking the bus into the city centre, since neither of us had a car or were insured on anyone else's, and as soon as we got off the smoke-smelling coach we hit the shops. Grace took my hand and dragged me straight into her favourite clothes store, heading straight for the skirts. She pulled out two; one pink with poppers down the front, and one a short black leather pencil-type skirt. Then, we went onto the tops; she picked herself a black strappy top, and for me she went for a white open back crop top. She went straight to pay for them without even asking my opinion, but I trusted her that it would be a perfect outfit.

"How much?" I asked as she returned. She handed me a bag with my clothes in before speaking.

"You owe me ten dollars." I fished it out of my purse, handing her the note.

"Was that all?" She nodded. "You're good."

"I am aware," she laughed. "Let's go and get our makeup done somewhere."

"Where's gonna do it free?"

"You have a lot to learn, you need to master the way of the student," she winked. "You go to a makeup counter, and just be like hey can you show me how to use this? And they end up giving you a full tutorial and then when they try to convince you to buy something you just say no!" I frowned, then laughed.

"Sounds good to me," I smiled, taking her hand. She pulled me into a department store and chatted to a makeup artist, pushing me into a seat so the artist could get to work before slipping off to a different counter. My makeup artist quietly applied a full face, knowing that Grace had told her we were going out. Before I knew it, I had a dramatic grey smokey eye and a dark pink lip with silver highlight illuminating my cheekbones and the tip of my nose. I managed to restrain myself from buying any of the products the artist offered me, and I skipped off to see Grace, whose makeup artist was just putting the finishing touches on her look. She had a beautiful contour, incredible winged liner and the strongest brows I had ever seen. She also avoided buying any products and took my hand, and together we wandered back to the bus station.

"You look fit," she smiled.

"Have you seen yourself? Your eyebrows make me emotional." The bus pulled in and we boarded, flashing our passes, and we headed for the only available seats, across the aisle from each other. The guy on the seat in front of me turned round to face me.

"Hey, pretty lady," he said. He had a very sculpted, chiselled face, basically the opposite of Michael's chubby cheeks, and a wave of brown hair. I smiled at him, pulling out my phone and looking at my lock screen, a picture of Michael kissing my cheek.

"Hi," I said, angling the phone towards him. He rolled his eyes and turned back, and I glanced at Grace, trying not to laugh. She rolled her eyes, mouthed 'he's cute', and smiled at me. I showed her the lock screen too, and she shrugged. I shook my head, and before I knew it we were back at the dorms.

Grace sat me down on my bed and started Dutch braiding my hair in two plaits, keeping them long and limiting the unbraided hair at the ends. She tied them with clear elastics, then started on her own. She was braiding one side, and I the other, and we were done fairly quickly. We got changed into the outfits we bought earlier, and we were ready to leave. Grace dragged me across the campus to a frat house, which was already blasting music and pretty full of people. We went inside, straight to the drinks table, and she poured me out a shot of tequila and a vodka and coke. She did the same for herself, and on the count of three we took our shots together and started drinking. We made our way into the crowd, dancing occasionally as we did so, and eventually we bumped into Michael and Ashton. Michael pulled me close and kissed me gently, and Ashton the same with Grace. He took her hand and dragged her away to God knows where, and Michael pulled me even closer and started dancing with me. I moved my hips in time with him, nestling my face in his neck, and put my arms around his shoulders.

"You look incredible," he spoke into my ear, biting it softly before he moved his head. I hummed quietly and moved my hands down his back to the hem of his skinny jeans, running my fingers round to the front and tugging his boxers slightly. He groaned ever so slightly, grabbed my hand, and pulled me through the people and up the stairs. He pushed open a door, and before we could walk in I heard Grace screaming at us to get out. I burst out laughing, knowing exactly what was happening, and we moved on to the next room. Michael pulled me in, locked the door, and pushed me onto the bed.

*****
hey fam i hope you all had a great christmas i would have done except i was ill and my uncle threatened to stab me, love family time :)
anyway yeah sorry it's been a while, a levels are v stressful and hectic and all

song of the chapter: just hold on by louis tomlinson & steve aoki

laterz